Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
lund pike 17...three rivets leak slightly...big problem? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-28-2008, 04:48 AM

Thanks again for the advice. I'll try the superglue idea and let people know how it works (in the short run, at least).

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Default glass

thats why i only by glass boats havw seen the hull split open on lake erie i will pay the extra for the security
Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 AM
keith nehrke

Hijacked! Glass versus aluminum. Inevitable, I guess. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Wallhanger

Default Lake Erie killed my glass boat....

...blew out a 6 ft section of the seam where the deck attaches to the hull- on both sides at the transom, causing the transom to essentially come off the boat. The boat made it back to the ramp but sunk before I could get it on the trailer. This was in 1980. I then switched to tin, and save for 6 leaky rivets on a 1981 Sea Nympth, I'm now on my 3rd tin boat in 28 years and none of them have leaked, much less come apart and sunk.
Doug