Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
621 guys - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-28-2008, 08:03 AM
new2glass

Default 621 guys

I bought a new 621 with all the bells and whistles. I have always been a near shore fisherman out of my 16ft Lund boat. My boat is a few days away from delivery and Im trying to get a list of things together that I will need.

Do any of you have suggestions on props? I had it rigged with a merc 250 xs.

What kind of things should I expect, good and bad regarding ride/handling ec...?

What kind of waves have you fished in and feel safe going out in?

How does the boat do with waves coming at you, going with you, and running in troughs?

I knew my little Lund inside and out and knew what to expect in every situation so glass and a much bigger boat will be a new learning curve. Any help you can provide will reduce my trial and error. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Wallhanger

I have a new 621 with a 250 pro xs. The boat got shipped with a 23 tempest, RPM's where low and the ride wasn't all that great (no lift) I tried a hi 5 and it was overkill for this rig but handled great with extreme power out of the hole. I ended up with a 21 Rev 4 great all around prop could be a little faster on the top end but I'm happy with the performance I get out of it, I pulled 2 plugs to help it get out of the hole alot faster. I think I'm going to stick with this prop for good.

Your going to love the boat, you will experience a great ride, depending on the waves the boat will ride better the harder you push it, the hull really shines when you get it up on it's pad and will handle just about anything you can throw at it. Running the troughs is a blast, the boat is very dry and it's a blast to drive. I've had my boat out in small craft advisories on Lake Erie a few times and never felt unsafe and always stay dry. When traveling with a following sea(going with them) you need to be carefull the bow will dip down, just slow down a little bit and ride em, if you push it to hard the nose will dive and get you wet from time to time. Congrats and enjoy, PM me with any questions you have after you get the boat.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Wallhanger

I've been in K-Gone's boat. I was in another buddy's 621 yesterday. The rangers are nothing short of amazing when it comes to handling the big waves. The first time I was in K-Gones we were about 18 miles off shore in true 4-6 footers. I never felt the least bit uncomfortable.

A friend of mine just took delivery of a new 2050 Reata. It rides incredible, as well.

I am so impressed with them that I will most likely be taking delivery of my own before next season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 07:25 PM
new2glass

Default Kgone

what is the name of the prop I should be looking at? 21 Rev 4? Is that a stainless prop?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Wallhanger

Yes it's called Revolution 4 Rev 4 for short, it's a 4 blade stainless steel prop. They also have vent plugs in them of which I pulled two of them out, they let gas escape from the exaust and therefore provide more RPM's to get the motor spinning faster, better holeshot.

http://sites.mercurymarine.com/porta..._schema=PORTAL

read up on Mercury's props here. Ranger dealers will swap you out till the boat is right.