Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
08 ProGuide Gas fumes - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-28-2008, 07:43 AM
mnken

Default 08 ProGuide Gas fumes

Really bad gas fumes in my garage,it's worse when the rod storage compartment is open,I took it back to the dealer when he pressure tested it.He placed pressure guage in the filler tube removed the cover from the vent tube and installed a valve stem put in 3#'s of pressure after 3 or 4 minutes it dropped down to 21/2#'s which he said was normal.I tried to contact Lund but you can only work thru your dealer..I really think this is dangerous,the raw gas smell is really strong ,I may have to take this apart myself ,any help would be greatly appreciated,
ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

I have an 06 explorer and if you search back for posts re gas smell in newer lunds you will see a lot of talk, lot's with the same proplem (me as well) told..thats how it is??
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Keeper

It sounds like your dealer did not perform the pressure check correctly. I've worked at a lund dealer for some significant time and also spent some time at lund. The tech should have increased the pressure back to 3psi untill it held steady and then start their timer to check for leaks using soapy water around fittings. And remove the floor to view the tank as well.

The plastic the tank is made from expands quiet easly which is why the pressure will start to drop and you need to increase it back to 3 psi, to pass it must hold at 3 psi.

I would also do a sniff check myself in the compartments - where does it smell the strongest - the glue lund uses to adhere their carpet to the plywood has a strong gas like smell and can be mistaken for fuel if you havn't smelled the two seperatly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

If it were mine. I would be looking at the filler neck where it should have a clamp it may need tightened some.
That or the seal where the fuel gauge is.
Mine does not have any smell. Other then when I open the floor rod locker. It still has that great new smell even after 4 months. Hope you get this solved.
Pete