Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What's Going On At Fast Food Restaurants? - Page 7 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 07-12-2021, 07:42 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=jfishpa;6576796]Outside of the fast food places Lot of staff in real restaurants have chosen not to return once they reopen. Since they had time during the time they were shut down they took online courses , improving them selves and found other jobs. Niece is a manager at a bar / restaurant said a lot of the servers didn`t return . Also she said the increase in unemployment didn `t really cover what most of them made in tips a week.[/QUOTE]

Very true. I know several people who chose to get out of the food and other services industries because of the instability currently.

Another big factor is that, even though fast food is paying $15/hr, other jobs are now paying $20+/hr, so fast food is still one of the lowest paying jobs. Many labor jobs around here, such as landscaping, tree services, etc are paying in excess of $20/hr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2021, 08:13 AM
Johnny Cochran

[QUOTE=Sportdog;6577062]How about a class action law suit against fast food joints for promotion of unhealthy eating which causes higher healthcare costs? Lord knows we canít hold the guy buying that crap to ingest to be responsible. Right???[/QUOTE]

You might be onto something.

The states sued the crap out of the opioid makers and got a few $Billion. Same with tobacco companies.

Junk food related obesity and its associated problems kill more people every year than tobacco and opioids combined.

Send in the lawyers!!!
Old 07-12-2021, 08:21 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Johnny Cochran;6577824]You might be onto something.

The states sued the crap out of the opioid makers and got a few $Billion. Same with tobacco companies.

Junk food related obesity and its associated problems kill more people every year than tobacco and opioids combined.

Send in the lawyers!!![/QUOTE]

Send in the lawyers and LAWYERS ARE THE BIG WINNERS.
Old 07-13-2021, 04:45 PM
Wallhanger

Sportdog you would have to add the high end restaurants to the need to be sued. Some studyís have shown they are serving more unhealthy food then fast food places. All their sauces and seasoning they do. Makes allot of bad stuff to eat. Last time I went to a steak place. They had melted a bunch of butter on the steak. Plus enough salt. I think the butter thing on steaks is very common at higher end restaurants.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:02 PM
Wallhanger

Donít be silly. Only the things poor people enjoy are a problem.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:07 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=kzoofisher;6578360]Donít be silly. Only the things poor people enjoy are a problem.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess there is that. :boozer:
Old 07-13-2021, 05:56 PM
cutting egde

[QUOTE=kzoofisher;6578360]Donít be silly. Only the things poor people enjoy are a problem.[/QUOTE]

what r you saying that ur extremely poor
Old 07-13-2021, 07:02 PM
Wallhanger

Lol, perish the thought. I feel pity for the poor because, well, noblesse oblige. Contempt for the poor is the realm of the petit bourgeoisie.
Old 07-13-2021, 07:54 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Johnny Cochran;6577824]You might be onto something.

Send in the lawyers!!![/QUOTE]

So you think burgers are bad?

Take them apart and you have bread, beef patty, lettuce, maybe a tomato, pickle and a sauce. That is the substance of my diet growing up but not in the form if a whopper.

Are you a tofu salesman?
Old 07-13-2021, 09:00 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=kzoofisher;6578384]Lol, perish the thought. I feel pity for the poor because, well, noblesse oblige. Contempt for the poor is the realm of the petit bourgeoisie.[/QUOTE]

I knew you couldnít wait to start your virtue signaling. Please post some pictures of all you do for the poorÖÖÖ cannot wait!!! :exactly:
Live and die on this day......