Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
MotorGuide Xi5 Question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 05-27-2019, 10:13 AM
Keeper

Default MotorGuide Xi5 Question

So I finally had the chance to get my boat out on the water to do some testing and make sure everything was working and my network was behaving. I was relieved to find that so far my Xi5 seems to be behaving quite well. I did have one concern though. How do you know how fast you have the motor set? My old MK had a 0-10 speed gauge on the remote. Over the years, I learned what to set it at to troll at a certain speed. On the MG, there is no display on the remote and it doesn't display on the Trolling screen/interface on my Lowrances. Other than guessing based on the amount of noise the motor is making, is there a way to tell how fast the motor is set? Maybe its on my screen and I'm looking in the wrong spot. Or I don't have the correct display up. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2019, 10:45 AM
Keeper

Can you see any trolling motor information on a banner at the top of the Lowrance (I.e. % output, heading lock, etc)?

I had the same issue as you when first switching from a Minn Kota.

If you have the network set up properly, are your units up to date? You can follow this process to make the gateway work: https://www.cabelas.com/content/dam/...structions.pdf.

There are more steps if this doesn’t get you squared away.

Note: the cruise control feature on the remote (speedometer button) only works in heading lock (top left button). While you’re in heading lock press the cruise control button once. You will now maintain 1.0 MPH. A single press of the +/- button will increase or decrease the cruise control speed by 0.1 MPH.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:14 PM
Keeper

Thanks Mike. I did go through those instructions in your link, but that was back in the winter in the shop. I'll go through it again. I do have the banner you are referring to across the top, but no speed/output is being displayed. Again, I'll double check everything when I go out again. I spent most of my time just redoing all my overlays one the various screens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2019, 04:34 PM
Slot Fish

To show speed I always have to have heading lock enabled. Motorguide needs a better remote IMO!