Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
An ode to "The Hump" - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-11-2021, 03:26 PM
Keeper

Default An ode to "The Hump"

I have already talked about my love of a good spot name

I think its because all any trip needs to go from good to great is the right spot

On our 2016 trip to Shekak Lake we ended up finding that spot - and for my boat partner and I it coughed up some great and even a little bit of epic

Newest post is up
https://www.northernjacks.com/post/humping-around

Cheers
Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2021, 08:53 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy28 View Post
I have already talked about my love of a good spot name

I think its because all any trip needs to go from good to great is the right spot

On our 2016 trip to Shekak Lake we ended up finding that spot - and for my boat partner and I it coughed up some great and even a little bit of epic

Newest post is up
https://www.northernjacks.com/post/humping-around

Cheers
Andrew
Thanks, Andrew. I enjoy and appreciate your work! (I thought maybe the site was down--there have been fewer than 5 or 10 posts total in the past few days.)

Looking forward to seeing more of your blogging and photography. Even more, look forward to dropping a line in Onepine Lake and catching that first batch of walleye!

Last edited by michigan walleye guy 2.0; 04-11-2021 at 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 04-12-2021, 06:24 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan walleye guy 2.0 View Post
Thanks, Andrew. I enjoy and appreciate your work! (I thought maybe the site was down--there have been fewer than 5 or 10 posts total in the past few days.)

Looking forward to seeing more of your blogging and photography. Even more, look forward to dropping a line in Onepine Lake and catching that first batch of walleye!
This site is a ghost town just like n.w Ontario
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2021, 06:27 AM
Wallhanger

Default humps in my history

Thanks for the post, I appreciate how you can instantly stir me to recall several "hump" experiences. Memorable ones in Woman River, Big Woman Lake, Dominion Lake and a "secret" one in Wine Lake. I would sure like to get back to them. Nice work as usual.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:34 AM
Wallhanger

Good post.Love when fish start heading to the humps.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:43 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckohlt View Post
Quote:

thats what i said the other day ! They dont let you discuss certain Topics ? Makes it boring. By the way , what kind of frozen pizza do you like ?...........Lol.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:44 AM
Slot Fish

I enjoyed your post. Brings back some memories for me as well with a few ( hotspots). Hoping to be able to get back to them soon. Think positive.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:46 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:

Been a ghost town last few days.Like winter today.Snow,rain and winds.Ugly out.Everything is soaked.Shoukdnt have any fires for a while and lakes will rise a bit now.Supposed to go out Wednesday for some walleye in a small boat that will be last day of walleye season till the opener.Will see if we go.Ugly weather continues this week.Some lakes are mostly open now which is real early.Been cleaning my rods and reels so there ready use When i get out there.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Been a ghost town last few days.Like winter today.Snow,rain and winds.Ugly out.Everything is soaked.Shoukdnt have any fires for a while and lakes will rise a bit now.Supposed to go out Wednesday for some walleye in a small boat that will be last day of walleye season till the opener.Will see if we go.Ugly weather continues this week.Some lakes are mostly open now which is real early.Been cleaning my rods and reels so there ready use When i get out there.
Hopefully we all can join the eyes on the humps sometime this year,wheather itís summer or fall Iíll be there,even late late fall,get the big girls
Old 04-12-2021, 07:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Hopefully we all can join the eyes on the humps sometime this year,wheather it’s summer or fall I’ll be there,even late late fall,get the big girls
Hope all goes well and ill see you out there.Going to hang out at home todiay and clean a couple of more reels.Amazin how dirty they get and the rods.Washed them with soap and water yesterday.Wont need my muskie stuff for a while but just oiled them.Abu sent me 2 new spinning reels and ill take them apart and get grease out and then oil the gears. Allthough weatger sucks ill take a drive today and see if my shoreline spot is good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210411_150612_1618235117502.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	471.7 KB
ID:	325556   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210411_151808_1618235195571.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	407.5 KB
ID:	325558