Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Wabakimi - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Chat Site / Chat Schedule

Old 09-17-2018, 11:11 AM
Minnow

Default Wabakimi

We fished Wabakimi the last week of August. We almost did not get in as there was a forest fire around the bays on the north side. We found the fishing to be good on the south side. One boat hit a hole for walleye and landed over 100 in three hours. Another boat caught 70+ northern in one afternoon. We did not get a hit at the west end. The third hole after Rusty's Backdoor was good and the area by the banks east of the cross were sure winners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 03:07 PM
Minnow

I just saw your post regarding Wabakimi. I hadn't heard about the fire on the North side, but why would I unless Rusty Myers sent us a refund on deposits if the cabin burned down. Sounds like your group had a good trip. We generally go up in July and do well.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Minnow

Wabakimi is one my favourite locations for fishing walleye. A very peaceful place and lots of fish It reminds me of my second favourite location, Cherpont Lake in Guéret, France. Have you ever heard of cherpont carp? This monstrous creatures can be found in here. I always loved fishing in France, there are a lot of peaceful locations there. Lately we decided with DW to buy a house on the French Riviera so I will be updating you about the latest games. Here's a picture from 2013
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	asdfasdf.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	309024  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019, 02:25 PM
Minnow

I have heard about the big carp in France. Do they take to a fly readily? I have almost completely switched over to fly fishing exclusively. I'm glad that I married a girl from MN and found out about Wabakimi.