Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
RCL Question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2001, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

Default RCL Question

It did not dawn on me until today, that the Erie tournament has no boundries. It is highly liking that I will need Ohio and Ontario licences. Any thoughts on how to get the Ontario licences at this late date without going to Ontario?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2001, 11:48 AM
Slot Fish

Default RE: RCL Question

At this time of year I would say it is highly unlikely that you would need an Ontario license. The fishing here will be on a Pre spawn, Spawn, or Post spawn bite and there really isn't any need to go to Canadian water to catch them. At least not in my personal oppinion. If there are other differing oppinions please feel free to post them here.

Dan
Swat 1
Old 04-03-2001, 02:36 PM
Slot Fish

when fishing border waters, like the river, i assume it is necessary to have both licenses? i am planning on co fishing a couple as well. what a great a tournment format.

jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2001, 05:32 PM
Slot Fish

In a river situation I would agree, but there is so much Ohio water here on erie that holds the fish you need to win that getting a Canadian license is probably not neccessary.

Dan
Swat 1
Old 04-03-2001, 07:04 PM
Charter Member

In general I agree with where you are coming from, but we are dealing with an entirely different breed of people. SOme of the pro's went 70+ miles at last years RCL on Green Bay. With no restrictions, who knows where they might end up going.