Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Looking to buy 1800 Tyee - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Slot Fish

Default Looking to buy 1800 Tyee

Hey there, mostly a lurker till this point, but looking to get some input.

After comparing models, costs and options I think I have settled on an 1800 Tyee. I'm curious if anyone here has this set up with either a 150 4S or the 175 L4 Verado. Trying to decide if the performance/digital throttle is worth the upcharge.

Any feedback/opinions appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Wallhanger

I cant speak about the 1800 tyee, but I love the digital throttle on my verado.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks for the feedback Scott, I'm a techy and think I would be disappointed if I didn't have the digital throttle. Glad to hear you enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Minnow

I have one with the Verado. Bought new this spring. Digital throttle...I like it I guess. Pretty touchy and took a little getting used to. Was warned about it by the dealer. Have to be careful that when in gear the lightest brush against it will change your speed rapidly! Eliminates having to pop it in gear to avoid grinding. And I have learned to brace my throttle hand against the gunnel to keep waves from causing accidental speed changes. Not sure if this was what you were asking.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Minnow

I have a 2015 1800 w/150 merc 4s. No complaints from me on power level, can do 47-48gps loaded with 3 adults.

The only complaint I have withe the set up is w/ the vengeance prop I get porpusing when I trim up any amount and less than 5000 rpm. It makes it difficult to get the bow up when working through choppy water
Old 07-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTyee View Post
I have one with the Verado. Bought new this spring. Digital throttle...I like it I guess. Pretty touchy and took a little getting used to. Was warned about it by the dealer. Have to be careful that when in gear the lightest brush against it will change your speed rapidly! Eliminates having to pop it in gear to avoid grinding. And I have learned to brace my throttle hand against the gunnel to keep waves from causing accidental speed changes. Not sure if this was what you were asking.
That's something I would have never thought about, thanks for bringing it up!
Old 07-09-2016, 05:37 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTyee View Post
There is a tension adjust in them so you don't have such a light throttle push if so desired.
http://www.veradoclub.com/index.php?topic=7269.0
Old 07-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Minnow

Good tip. Thanks. If I were on the rough stuff all the time, I would consider tightening it up some. As it is, I got used to it pretty quick and I think most other people will too. For the OP, as far as speed on the Verado, I am getting 52 with the stock aluminum prop. Didn't see much change with more people in it, just a longer hole shot.

Tags
mercury , tyee , verado