Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What's Your Bucket List Trip - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 12-12-2019, 08:50 AM
Wallhanger

You severely misjudged Ted here. He owns and operates a lodge that I have fished 6 times so I have seen the guy in action and feel like he is a friend. What I have seen is a guy that is up at 6a and shuts the main lodge at 10p or 11p 7 days a week. He regularly takes his guests out on his own time for the evening walleye fishing in his boat and helps them catch more fish. He also offers an open bar every night with top shelf booze. All of this while offering a fantastic lodge experience and probably not exactly getting rich. 6 months of 112 hr weeks is def worth a few weeks of fly fishing.

If his way of recharging is spending a week or two fighting the wind to catch a big trout in SA good for him.

Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2019, 06:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overwatchmike View Post
Bucket list trips?

I have 9 kids and 2 grandsons between my wife and I so “bucket list” trips have a little different meaning for me at the moment....

Just crossed one off my list this November when my best friend since Preschool, my oldest daughter, and I went up to Lake St Clair for musky. An awesome time spent with 2 of my favorite people. The 2 musky that we caught were a bonus and we will definitely be making the trip back up a couple of times next year.

I own a cabin in Ontario and our yearly family trip has become another bucket list trip for me. My parents and all the kids for a week doesn’t get much better. My parents are 72 and still going strong so I enjoy every single moment I have with them and all the kids.

Our fall guy trip has become another bucket list trip for me. We call ourselves the Wingnuts because we’re really not wound to tight. My dad, PJSHORTHORN, myself, and a couple other guys head up for a week of male bonding which doesn’t happen often enough anymore. The craziness that ensues is not for the faint of heart, TRUST ME! My favorite part of the trip? All of the exploring that we do and experiences that we have!

As the kids get older my bucket list will change... Lake of the woods, Lac Seoul, and many others....

Remember it’s always not about the size or amount of the fish, it’s about the memories that are made on the adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is about time you showed me some respect by capitalizing my name......I sure don’t get any on these trips......AT ALL !!!! As mentioned, these trips are not for the faint of heart. There are no bounds about what is said or done throughout the week.....it can be brutal after making one small mistake or just saying something that opens up the slightest opportunity to razz a person incessantly , just like when growing up when we were kids. If one doesn’t bring their big boy pants with them, someone is going home with a severe case of butt hurt -it is.

I’d have to be 6 ft under to miss one of these trips. 308 days to Wingnut 3.0

PjShorthorn