Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Back pain causing fishing issues. - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2021, 02:30 PM
carl m

Another comment.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...ff&action=view
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2021, 04:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl m View Post
Well I wouldn't write anything in stone concerning MRI's. My neighbor is a radiologist in a big hospital and mostly does MRI's.
She says that she and her friends have a different view if MRI's and back pain. Many times people have terrible back pain and their MRI looks good. Someone else who has generally been taken for other purposes than back pain and it noted that it looks terrible as far as degeneration and disk bulges,but are as happy as a clam..
Now that you mention it, a few years back I woke up in the night with terrible neck and right shoulder pain, and by the time my wife had gotten me in to an emergency room it had gotten so bad that I couldn't lift my right arm to sign the hospital's forms (which made them rather unhappy - as I can't even draw a stick figure with my left hand). Subsequent visits to an orthopedist, an MRI by him, etc. and he finally said to me, "Well, you display classic symptomology of a pinched nerve at C... [I forget exactly what vertebra/e] in the cervical spine, but I don't see anything on the MRI so that must not be it. Here's a prescription for physical therapy. Good luck!"

I always assumed it must indeed have been a pinched nerve, MRI evidence for such or no.

Took me a couple of months to get back to where I could raise my right arm above my head.

Gerry