Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund 1750 Rebel XS What are your thoughts? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCONLY View Post
Just asking guys and gals, So far the All New 1750 Rebel XS has been very well received by customers, granted its only been out for a month but everyone is talking about it at shows, kind of like when the Impact came out. Im just bored and figured id ask the Pros, It has a small center rod storage, Aft seat option like most, Ski Tow bar for Family use, and with that New 90 Mercury she runs awesome according to the factory, she ran 28 with a 60 Mercury with Spitfire prop, heck thats about as fast as most companys 16footers with a 50. Thanks in advance for your Opinions
Was at an out door show yesterday here in Toronto and they had this new rebel next to an impact. I'm not a big lund fan, not for the quality or workmanship more so that they are way over priced and people are paying. The rebel had a price tag of like $28 grand with a 90 merc 4S. This seems like a lot of money for what this boat came with ( no electronics). Was full windshield model with flip up rear benches. By the time the buyer adds 24v TM, batteries charger and one decent graph with tax this boat is close to $35 grand. Now the impact same w/ full windshield was $31 grand with A 24v lower end TM and a very basic graph. I would still upgrade TM and graph so this would bring the impact at around $40 grand. This is here in Ontario. I personally wouldnt be caught dead pay this money for basically entry level boats. Not saying they are bad boats, just $8-10 grand over priced for what one would get.

Thats me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtracc View Post
Was at an out door show yesterday here in Toronto and they had this new rebel next to an impact. I'm not a big lund fan, not for the quality or workmanship more so that they are way over priced and people are paying. The rebel had a price tag of like $28 grand with a 90 merc 4S. This seems like a lot of money for what this boat came with ( no electronics). Was full windshield model with flip up rear benches. By the time the buyer adds 24v TM, batteries charger and one decent graph with tax this boat is close to $35 grand. Now the impact same w/ full windshield was $31 grand with A 24v lower end TM and a very basic graph. I would still upgrade TM and graph so this would bring the impact at around $40 grand. This is here in Ontario. I personally wouldnt be caught dead pay this money for basically entry level boats. Not saying they are bad boats, just $8-10 grand over priced for what one would get.

Thats me
$7k-$9k for a trolling motor and graph. WTF are you planning on adding to the boat for that kind of cash? I hope it is the best of the best, otherwise your pricing is a little high.

The biggest downfalls I see on the new rebel is the one, small livewell and the beam. Other than that, I think it looks decent. Barebones at $28k is high, I will agree. It isn't THAT much boat. I paid much less than that 2 years ago for my Impact 1675 sport with a 90, loaded up. It is half a foot shorter, but half a foot wider, has a better rod locker and two huge wells. I still think if the 1675 Impact prices out simial to the new rebel, it is a better value for sure. I think they needed to make sure it was cheaper than the beginning Impact or it is a fail.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrphs View Post
$7k-$9k for a trolling motor and graph. WTF are you planning on adding to the boat for that kind of cash? I hope it is the best of the best, otherwise your pricing is a little high.

The biggest downfalls I see on the new rebel is the one, small livewell and the beam. Other than that, I think it looks decent. Barebones at $28k is high, I will agree. It isn't THAT much boat. I paid much less than that 2 years ago for my Impact 1675 sport with a 90, loaded up. It is half a foot shorter, but half a foot wider, has a better rod locker and two huge wells. I still think if the 1675 Impact prices out simial to the new rebel, it is a better value for sure. I think they needed to make sure it was cheaper than the beginning Impact or it is a fail.
He said with TAX, trolling motor and electronics it would be $35k. In the US its more like $23K before tax. The livewell isnt an issue as this is supposed to be a lower priced alternative to a crossover for someone who wants a fish and ski boat. No doubt the Impact series is better if all you care about is fishing, although I found the 1675 Impact to be quite cramped with the full windshield.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrphs View Post

Tax bud. 13%, dealer prep, freight plus your upgrades that $27-28 k boat jumps to mid 30's fast.

Just saying.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:15 AM
All in the Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtracc View Post
Tax bud. 13%, dealer prep, freight plus your upgrades that $27-28 k boat jumps to mid 30's fast.

Just saying.
Perhaps an 80% exchange rate is also partly responsible
Old 03-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Minnow

Angry 2015 rebel 1750 xs wt

Lund 1750 rebel XS List on LUND website $20,559 us minus tax and DEST. still HIGHER than an ALUMICRAFT!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Keeper

I have a 2010 Rebel 1725 XL Sport that I bought new 4 years ago (carryover). Great deal for the money but I sure wish that it was about 10" wider. The 85" beam can get very cramped in no time when fishing with 3 guys. I am already wishing I had stepped up to the Impact for $4000 more when I had the chance.

Heck, even another 5" wider would have been great!

Other than the beam, the boat has been great!
Gen-1 HDS 7
LSS-2
Minnkota PD V2

Last edited by ib_jigged; 03-03-2015 at 10:49 AM. Reason: updated
Old 03-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Minnow

Default 1750 Rebel XS

Some of these prices seem crazy. A 2015 Lund 1750 Rebel XS with a full windshield, 90hp 4-stroke, rear flip seats and standard features has a nationally advertised price of $21,287 USD (plus tax/license). I'm sure there are dealers charging freight and prep on top of this but I do know there are dealers that are not. This seems quite a bit less than people are seeing. Not sure where the difference is. I agree it would be nice if the boat was a bit wider but if they make it too much bigger it will start to creep up in price close to the impact and that was not the idea of this boat. Overall I think it is a boat you can get very nicely equipt for around $25k which would be around $5,000 cheaper than the comparable Impact. Just my thoughts.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr yukon View Post
Lund 1750 rebel XS List on LUND website $20,559 us minus tax and DEST. still HIGHER than an ALUMICRAFT!
Prove that an ALUMICRAFT(sic) is cheaper. Their comparable model is the Voyageur 175 Sport, when equipped with a 90 and a trailer, the MSRP is considerably higher than Lund's 1750 Rebel XS nationally advertised price.

HRG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3-3-2015 2-35-49 PM.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	134970  
Old 03-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Prove that an ALUMICRAFT(sic) is cheaper. Their comparable model is the Voyageur 175 Sport, when equipped with a 90 and a trailer, the MSRP is considerably higher than Lund's 1750 Rebel XS nationally advertised price.

HRG
Retail on boats is insane! Nobody around here sells for anywhere near retail. Not starting a pissing match just stating an observation.