Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
drive in walleye lakes - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Wallhanger

Agimak River Outfitters on Indian Lake. Lust north of Ignace........Big North Lodge at Minaki on the Winnipeg River
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2016, 04:49 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmitchell View Post
For the last 5 years we have drove north of pickle lake, lots of fish just no giants trying to find an even balance of both this year
Are you talking about the Village of Pickle Lake north of Ignace. I fish 100 miles plus north of PL da village.........................
Old 01-15-2016, 06:24 PM
Minnow

We fished on kapkichi lake just north of pickle lake
Old 01-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Minnow

Let me start by saying I am a owner/operator but only for 3 days now, give Minnitacki a try we have 9 modern cabins, and 9 RV sites a short 40 minute drive from Dryden with great fishing. If your interested please review the website timberedgecamps.com (which I don't have control over yet) you can always email me at [email protected] thank you
Old 01-15-2016, 07:11 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
Three camps on lake. Wildewood on Lake Savant, Cliff & Roma's and Cat Track. Wildewood has a website. The other two, not sure how to contact them. Someone on this board will know. Wildewood is a trail in from the road in their vehicle. Other two are a very brief flight in. All are good camps with great people running them. We stay at Wildewood and are fat dumd and happy there. Cliff from Cliff & Roma's is the king of the lake and catches Lake Trout like you and I breath.

Pooch
I tried really hard to get info on Cat Track and Cliff & Roma's. The only information I could find was from the Rusty Myers website. Savant is a relatively big lake at 31,000 acres. I am not sure how accessible it is from the highway, but I don't think very. Definitely be interesting place to fish.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Wallhanger

North Star Lodge. Very close to Dryden. Total drive for is about about 45 min from Dryden. Last 7 miles down a dirt gravel road. Only resort on the lake. Camp hold about 70. There is enough water and spots, you don't have to see another boat unless you want to. Clean cabins, with modern with kitchens/baths. Power available on the large docks. Great owners who will put you in fish. I have only fished there once and it was a great experience. I would go back in a minute. There is another camp with a dock that is 17 miles up river. Not much crossover from one area to the other, as you would drive by great fishing just to get to great fishing. The two camps are owned by the same family. We fished the " goon" one year, but our experience at North Star was infinitely better. Walleye, large pike, perch, smallmouth all available. Lots of water, and lots of spots, so your never crowded out.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:57 PM
Keeper

Default Lac Seul 👍

Not sure what you mean by "Big" Walleyes, but we have been fishing the NW end of Lac Seul just South of Ear Falls for 12 years. It is a very large lake with many areas to fish. The walleye fishing is awesome for numbers & size! The average size fat walleye we catch are 20-26". We have caught several 27 1/2", 28s 29 & a 32". The slot is 18-21" & resorts encourage all walleye over 18" be released. It becomes a challenge to catch small enough fish to keep & eat because they are all too big! There are also large northern pike to catch too. There are several good drive to resorts on this area of the lake. Lac Seul Lodge, Onaway Resort, Fisherman's Cove, Evergreen Resort, Goose Bay Resort, Whitewing Resort, Gawley's Resort, CherRob Resort, Timberlane Resort & Gold Pines Resort. Check them out & good luck planning your next trip!

6 months to go and the count down is on to our return trip to Lac Seul! 😁❤️🎣

RBF
Old 01-16-2016, 08:57 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rather-be-fishin View Post
Not sure what you mean by "Big" Walleyes, but we have been fishing the NW end of Lac Seul just South of Ear Falls for 12 years. It is a very large lake with many areas to fish. The walleye fishing is awesome for numbers & size! The average size fat walleye we catch are 20-26". We have caught several 27 1/2", 28s 29 & a 32". The slot is 18-21" & resorts encourage all walleye over 18" be released. It becomes a challenge to catch small enough fish to keep & eat because they are all too big! There are also large northern pike to catch too. There are several good drive to resorts on this area of the lake. Lac Seul Lodge, Onaway Resort, Fisherman's Cove, Evergreen Resort, Goose Bay Resort, Whitewing Resort, Gawley's Resort, CherRob Resort, Timberlane Resort & Gold Pines Resort. Check them out & good luck planning your next trip!

RBF
With the exception of the Great Lakes/Bay of Quinte, that's as good as it gets for trophy Walleye fishing in Ontario.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:34 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rather-be-fishin View Post

RBF
Agree. We have been fishing this area for the past 19 years and have 3 trips booked for next summer. We fish out of Whitewing Resort. Check it out.

www.whitewingresort.com
Old 01-17-2016, 07:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adempsey View Post
I tried really hard to get info on Cat Track and Cliff & Roma's. The only information I could find was from the Rusty Myers website. Savant is a relatively big lake at 31,000 acres. I am not sure how accessible it is from the highway, but I don't think very. Definitely be interesting place to fish.
Actually Lake Savant is 90,000 plus acres of very interesting fishery. Without a doubt probably my favorite. Even over Lac Seul. Mostly because of the ease of fishing Savant. Fish size is comparable. Numbers are better on LS and the shot of an over 30" walleye are better on LS. The average sized walleye is larger on Lake Savant though. It's a pounds of fish vs numbers of fish per day thing.

Cliff & Roma's and Cat Track seem to be word of mouth.

There is no road access into Lake Savant. The closest to that is by using Wildewoods camp. They have a small parking lot just off the highway and pick up their customers at the parking lot in a special build Ford van and trailer for the ride to camp. It's not an easy ride and the five plus mile ride takes an hour or so. They are using an old camp access trail that is marginal even for an ATV. Wildewood used to use a Hagland tracked vehicle, but wore it out and parts scarcity was a problem. Also, getting someone half qualified to fix it was also a problem. The Ford van should be easier to maintain and get parts for, but I can't imagine it lasting many years. Long ago when the camp was a church camp and the last owner and his brother bought it, they brought guests in via the trail using farm type hayracks and pulling it with an old Detroit diesel log skidder. I've seen pictures of the setup and it looked pretty rough to me.

Try searching "Troy and Penny's bait shop" in Savant Lake (town and mailing address). I think Troy is Cliff's son and both Cat Track and Cliff & Roma's are owned by their families and located next to each other in a fairly protected bay.

All these camps are priced about the same. Two are Flyin and one is trail in.

I'm told that the MNR will not anyone anyone access the lake other than camp trails, air or Wildewoods limited use trail. Other camps surely have winter roads and can perhaps access their camps via ATV sometimes in the summer months. I don't know any of that for fact though. Just an assumption on my part. You really need to talk to the camp owners themselves.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."