Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Your favorite lodge on West Lac Seul - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Wallhanger

If you would like to try another area further west of Lac Suel Separation Lake Lodge on the English River. Lots of water to fish, but none of the big water to deal with when the wind kicks up. I fished Lac Suel at least once of year for many years until will tired this area. It is now a once or twice a year stop. I've been to Caribou....What a great place to camp and fish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2016, 03:39 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxabilly View Post
Evergreen Lodge- the cabins and boats are top Notch. Pat and Moose are super helpful. Can't wait- one month out and we'll be there!
I would try Golden Eagle Resort right next door to Evergreen. Cleaner cabins,better boats,lower rates and nice hosts.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:18 AM
Wallhanger

Have never stayed at golden eagle but have boated past it when i guide out of evergreen lodge a fewctimes a year for pat.so really dont know anything about the cabins, rates or host.but evergreens boats are new 1800 crestliners with 60 tamahas on them and areca real nice boat in my book.just wondering what kind of boats golden eagle has if you say there better.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Have never stayed at golden eagle but have boated past it when i guide out of evergreen lodge a fewctimes a year for pat.so really dont know anything about the cabins, rates or host.but evergreens boats are new 1800 crestliners with 60 tamahas on them and areca real nice boat in my book.just wondering what kind of boats golden eagle has if you say there better.
Golden eagle has new oners and they have done a lot of work to the place. I hear they are getting new boats this year but don,t know what kind. Evergreen,s boats are getting up there in years but they are in good shape.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:23 AM
Keeper

Whitewing, about 5 miles south of Ear Falls has very nice well maintained cabins including a couple that hold 8 or 10 people. We've stayed there 23 weeks in the last 13 years and have 3 more trips booked for this summer.

If you want more adventure you might want to check out Whitewing's houseboats. They have two large really nice ones that hold up to 12 people. They park them where Altimeter and Manitou Creeks enter LS which is right in the middle of the best fishing on the west side. It's just a short ride north to McKenzie Bay or south to the main basin.

www.whitewingresort.com
Old 04-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddi View Post
Golden eagle has new oners and they have done a lot of work to the place. I hear they are getting new boats this year but don,t know what kind. Evergreen,s boats are getting up there in years but they are in good shape.
The boats are one of the very reasons we started coming here. They're 20 foot Starcrafts with 60hp Yamaha. They're very spacious and smooth even in big water. I just talked to Pat and she said she had the boat's refurbished for the season and reinforced the transoms. Evergreens camp and cabins are very clean- another thing that brought us in initially. And Pat is the best and will take care of you and make sure you have the best trip! 27 days and counting boys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10295733_10203840058426757_8834687002698593283_n.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	207754  
Old 04-25-2016, 04:33 AM
Wallhanger

Default Your favorite lodge on West Lac Seul

This will be our second time with Pat at Evergreen Lodge. The boat and motor packages was a key factor in our deciding to stay here versus another lodge we had been going to for over 10 years.
While the boats are not brand new, they are very well maintained. Same with the motors.
The 60 hp motors really move these boats along nicely.
To save money, we all fish out of one boat and can tell you there is enough room for our group of 4.
Very nice people work and stay there. Our group is happy to have found this camp.

Pat the owner of this camp told me she feels her boats are great advertising for the lodge. As such, she makes sure they are in great shape.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:27 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP View Post
For me for 17 years over 30 trips in that time, it was Fisherman's Cove.
I have since migrated to a different part of Lac Seul.
JDP

What part of Lac Seul are you fishing now?

RBF
Old 04-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rather-be-fishin View Post
JDP

What part of Lac Seul are you fishing now?

RBF
I go to Mahkwa Lodge.
The reason I go there is quicker access to parts of Lac Seul
that were long rides from Fisherman's Cove.
Areas such as Aldous Bay, Bray Lake, Vaughn Lake, Bear Narrows
and even on occasion Chamberlain Narrows.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:03 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP View Post
I go to Mahkwa Lodge.
The reason I go there is quicker access to parts of Lac Seul
that were long rides from Fisherman's Cove.
Areas such as Aldous Bay, Bray Lake, Vaughn Lake, Bear Narrows
and even on occasion Chamberlain Narrows.
Why where you going so far.thats nuts.