Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Next year's trip or trips?! - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 11-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up July Lake of the Woods!

We are a go for Red Wing Lodge next July. Walleye and Musky fishing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Wallhanger

Default Temple Bay

Booked our nine day trip mid-June before we left this year. I am bound and determined to get ALL the big ones next year. My wife got a nearly 30" walleye, a 50" musky, and a 37" pike. I didn't even come close to those lengths for any species. I did catch more fish in total, she keeps score, but she caught all the big ones.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:27 AM
Keeper

Default 2018 trips

I am looking forward to the 2 trips that are planned for the coming year.
I too, get the 16th trip to Gullrock to enjoy in June with 10 great guys.
My second trip will be the first week in October, back to Gullrock for some fall walleye fishing and grouse hunting. I was able to take my very first fall trip last year and it was nothing less than great.
I have a lot to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day.
TonyO
Old 11-28-2017, 07:11 PM
4T2

Default Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydave View Post
I know dabirdman is fishing out of Hidden Bay, anybody else?
Anyone fishing out of Black Bear Lodge on Red Lake?
Both are a couples of places I'd love to back too! Anybody else?
Dave, you know I'll be heading back to see the J's at Black Bear! My problem now is when to do it...my son and I usually go the week between the end of his baseball season and the start of his football season (late July)...but he's starting to get recruited by some colleges for baseball, and the showcases and big tournaments run right up until football. Going early-season would possibly mean missing the HS playoffs. Football may have to take a break this year and we'll go up in early August?

Old 11-28-2017, 08:53 PM
Wallhanger

Default August

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
Dave, you know I'll be heading back to see the J's at Black Bear! My problem now is when to do it...my son and I usually go the week between the end of his baseball season and the start of his football season (late July)...but he's starting to get recruited by some colleges for baseball, and the showcases and big tournaments run right up until football. Going early-season would possibly mean missing the HS playoffs. Football may have to take a break this year and we'll go up in early August?

August has been for me at BBL! You know your way around the lake!
I'd love another trip back to the lodge, it's been a struggle putting a group together. I do have a July Lake of the Woods trip in the works. Kind of a couples trip, Breezy Point and our wives are giving this a try, Frank and I will be fishing most days, taking the wives out a couple of days on the water..
Good to read your son is doing so well! Good luck to you both!
Old 12-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Keeper

3 trips booked at Whitewing Resort on Lac Seul:
June - with wife and grandson
July - with son-in-law and his dad from Colorado
August - with wife
Old 12-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Wallhanger

Default Audible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post

Back in my high school football days, baseball coaches would suggest if your baseball skills were better than your football game you might want to make a choice and decide if the risk of FB injury was worth the risk?
If recruiters from BB are interested that might make the choice for you and I son. What does your son think? Does his desire for fishing override a week of preseason practice? What does the FB coach say, another discussion that might be included in your decision process. Good luck make the call that seems right for you and your son!
Old 12-11-2017, 04:34 AM
Wallhanger

Default Any new trips?

Bump to the top. Any new trips or groups getting put together?
Old 12-11-2017, 07:22 AM
Slot Fish

First trip tp Pakwash Lake and Slate Falls Camp June 9-16.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:47 AM
Minnow

Default Duffy Lake

We are heading to Duffy Lake with Hawk air the 3rd week of June. This will be my groups 4th trip with them, and every year we come home with our limit. Can't wait for a fun filled week of booze, fish, and silence!