Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Shopping new boat - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-21-2017, 09:37 AM
Wallhanger

Study the hull designs on the aluminum vs fiberglass boats. There's a reason for all those curves, strakes, steps, and running pads on glass. It's simply not true that aluminum boats ride as well as glass. I've directly compared my Ranger 1880 to my buddies Lund pro V. Even though he has a small running pad, my Ranger can run higher on the much larger pad and lift out of the chop. My 1880 almost feels like your flying over the waves, when his Pro V is bouncing over them. Of course there is a limitation to this on my 1880 too as if the wave are too large I have to slow down also. I almost bought a Lund and Crestliner Raptor before I checked into Ranger. The price between the 3 was close enough that purchasing the Ranger made sense. The dry storage compartments and excellent trailer on the Ranger also helped with my decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2017, 11:42 AM
Slot Fish

That?s good to hear. I plan to order an 1880MS in January. Curious, what engine you running? Don?t mean to highjack this thread.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:36 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy View Post
Study the hull designs on the aluminum vs fiberglass boats. There's a reason for all those curves, strakes, steps, and running pads on glass. It's simply not true that aluminum boats ride as well as glass. I've directly compared my Ranger 1880 to my buddies Lund pro V. Even though he has a small running pad, my Ranger can run higher on the much larger pad and lift out of the chop. My 1880 almost feels like your flying over the waves, when his Pro V is bouncing over them. Of course there is a limitation to this on my 1880 too as if the wave are too large I have to slow down also. I almost bought a Lund and Crestliner Raptor before I checked into Ranger. The price between the 3 was close enough that purchasing the Ranger made sense. The dry storage compartments and excellent trailer on the Ranger also helped with my decision.
Which Pro V did your buddy have?
Old 11-21-2017, 03:05 PM
Wallhanger

2008 pro v 1800. Aluminum hull. I have a 150 merc.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy View Post
I grew up in my dad's fiberglass boats, so I am familiar with how smoothly they can ride. I also spent 11 years in my 16 foot 1973 Sea Star, which was also fiberglass. It was also a tri-hull, which made it flap, flap, flap across the waves. I am now in my second aluminum boat, and am quite satisfied with how it rides.

I bring this up not to be a smart ***, but rather to point out that there is more to the ride than the material used to construct the hull. Some boatmakers design their hulls better than others do. The shape and weight of the hull matter as much as anything else. Not all fiberglass hulls are well-performing.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:01 PM
Minnow

Just pushed the button on 2018 LUND 1900 TYEE V-rod L4 200HP with 2 humming bird helix 10s bow and cockpit ,112 72" ulterra kicker pre-rig tandem trailer upgrade air ride all seat and 2 pilot chairs with bow cushions and snap in carpet! Did I pay too much $56K out the door?
Old 03-13-2018, 07:34 PM
Keeper

if you are happy with what you paid donít second guess yourself just enjoy it
Humminbird Helix 10 mega di
Humminbird Helix 10 mega GPS
112 Ulterra with link
WavePro x2
Old 03-13-2018, 07:40 PM
Keeper

Diesel Pro any more update on your ETA if it has hit production ? Mine was 3 weeks from production to dealer
Humminbird Helix 10 mega di
Humminbird Helix 10 mega GPS
112 Ulterra with link
WavePro x2
Old 03-13-2018, 08:17 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr yukon View Post
Just pushed the button on 2018 LUND 1900 TYEE V-rod L4 200HP with 2 humming bird helix 10s bow and cockpit ,112 72" ulterra kicker pre-rig tandem trailer upgrade air ride all seat and 2 pilot chairs with bow cushions and snap in carpet! Did I pay too much $56K out the door?
That doesn't seem high to me based on those specs. Boats are expensive these days but that's just how it is. Just enjoy it and don't look back.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:19 AM
Wallhanger

Diesel Pro. Check your private messages