Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Official Walleye Central Trip Countdown Thread - Page 11 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-12-2018, 10:01 AM
Keeper

Leaving Friday for the first of three trips to Whitewing Resort on Lac Seul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2018, 06:18 AM
Wallhanger

Default 6-15

Three weeks to go now! We will have the Escape loaded up the night before! Our usual trip ritual of a drive thru breakfast, then head for norther Minnesota for the first leg of the trip. The next morning we head for Red Wing Lodge and chasing walleye and musky!
Old 06-15-2018, 07:00 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydave View Post
Three weeks to go now! We will have the Escape loaded up the night before! Our usual trip ritual of a drive thru breakfast, then head for norther Minnesota for the first leg of the trip. The next morning we head for Red Wing Lodge and chasing walleye and musky!
Have a lot of fun dude. Don't forget to fish for smallies too!! There is a nice reef two minutes from the lodge just to the right after leaving their bay that holds them......just pull a Hot-N-Tot
On the south side of the reef and hold on !!!

You'll also have a legit shot at a 40" class pike. My largest was about 37" on the last trolling pass of the trip. I told Frank let's head in and he said let's just finish this pass.....boom....LOL.

Hopefully the weather will be decent for you. The wind blew a lot when I was there,but that would have been in mid June so maybe it will be more stable.

I can mail you my map if you don't have one yet. Plenty of time before you leave.

Travel safe.

PjShorthorn
Old 06-15-2018, 07:23 AM
Wallhanger

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
Have a lot of fun dude. Don't forget to fish for smallies too!! There is a nice reef two minutes from the lodge just to the right after leaving their bay that holds them......just pull a Hot-N-Tot
On the south side of the reef and hold on !!!

You'll also have a legit shot at a 40" class pike. My largest was about 37" on the last trolling pass of the trip. I told Frank let's head in and he said let's just finish this pass.....boom....LOL.

Hopefully the weather will be decent for you. The wind blew a lot when I was there,but that would have been in mid June so maybe it will be more stable.

I can mail you my map if you don't have one yet. Plenty of time before you leave.

Travel safe.

PjShorthorn
I won a trip a couple of seasons ago to Pipestone, a good smaller lake, I had never targeted them before! They are a blast to to have some fun with! I've only had one July trip before, it on Lac Seul, warm and windy, fished the wind blown points, you never knew if you had a pike or walleye on!
Frank did send me a map, plus my Pastor will be on LOW this next week, he said he would bring me a map of his hot spots! My wife will be trying her hand at fishing this year! We will post a report on our return! Take care Pat!
Old 06-20-2018, 09:09 AM
Keeper

57 days for the 2nd trip to Perrault Lake, looking forward to it!!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:40 PM
Minnow

Default Red Wing

What a cool thread.... We leave in 37 Days for the first of 4 Red Wing trips. First trip of 2018 will be #15 for the overall. I tell my wife that Anne is my "Canada Mom" and keeps me supervised, and in line!!! After the first 3 years I felt like Mike finally took a liking to me... and they are like family now!! I think I have a pizza cutter left in just about every cabin (Except #1) for ours and others future use. Molly and Kate are dynamite to talk to, and Kate makes us her exceptional pasta salad as a side treat. Tell all of them that Geno says Hi, and I can't wait to get there!!!!
Old 06-21-2018, 08:33 AM
Keeper

8 days and heading to Lost Island Lodge on Lac Seul for the first trip of the season.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:27 AM
Wallhanger

Default 2 weeks!

21 days before we head North for our first trip to Lake of The Woods! First a stop at Breezy and Christi's for dinner some fun and loading our gear, the next day on the Red Wing Lodge to chase Musky and walleyes! New string on the reels, check! Passports, outdoors cards and license check,check and check! A quick run through on the tackle box, waiting to get closer for the weather forecast to start packing clothes! Yup getting the "itch"!

Last edited by wallydave; 06-29-2018 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Can't read calendar
Old 06-23-2018, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Default 1 day 17 Hours

I Leave Sunday at midnight to Fly from Las Vegas to Thunder Bay. Then My Pittsburgh friends & I drive to Pickle Lake to Fly to North Caribou with Pete Johnson's Pickle Lake Outposts

This is my 3rd time fishing North Caribou which is a Great Body of Water Lake and Full of walleyes & Large pike

I will post a report when I get back

Good Fishing & Safe Traveling to Everyone

Larry S
Old 06-23-2018, 09:10 AM
Minnow

Default Caribou.

Hey Larry,
Have a GREAT trip. Will be anxious for the report!
Take good care & have fun!
Den.