Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger Mooring Cover - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-09-2019, 07:37 AM
Keeper

Default Ranger Mooring Cover

Anyone know where to get a mooring cover for a Ranger? Specifically a Reata 2050 or Angler 2080?

I called Ranger. They only have a 'dust cover' for use under a canopy.

Don't like dealing with a boat that is soaked, covered in bugs, or full of snow in the morning when docked overnight. The travel cover does not work - no holes for ropes. I tried to make it work once and it was a disaster.

I called a custom canvas shop and they said they can add holes for a few hundred bucks. Thought I would ask here before pulling the trigger on that - see what others have done for covering overnight while docked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Keeper

I wouldn't put holes in the travel cover personally. That could cause all sorts of weird billowing issues with the travel cover. Or just cause your boat to be really dusty/dirty after a trip, which sounds like to would bother you. You're lucky to live in an area where finding a canvas shop to make you a simple mooring cover should be a piece of cake, and relatively inexpensive. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:28 AM
Keeper

I should clarify: The canvas shop will be adding 'holes', but they will have Velcro and/or zippered covers - like the existing fuel and charger cord access - so the cover remains dirt and water resistant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

Go to your nearby custom boat cover maker and have one made for your boat to meet your specifications. They will make the perfect cover for you.

Good luck
Old 04-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

https://www.budgecovers.com/boat_cov...2014&size=BT-6
Old 04-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Keeper

REW - Appreciate the effort to keep your post count climbing, but that is in no way helpful.

Your option A is to throw away the brand new factory-fit cover and have another cover made to the tune of $2k instead of just modifying the stock for a few hundred.

Your option B is to get a POS aftermarket that fits the same as the stock cover, with no holes for ropes.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Wolly,
No my thought was to take the POS cover that you refer to and put grommets in the edges of the cover where they are needed.

He basically said that he didn't want to use the factory cover.

What would have him do?