Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Odd but True - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-15-2021, 08:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyecatcher23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallychowder View Post
I think a greywell is kinda like a henway !
LOL...okay, what's a "henway"? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif[/IMG]
About three pounds.
BOOM!

An oldie but a goodie.

Hook, line, and sinker!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2021, 08:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
About three pounds.
Take heart, Juls. I fell for it, too. Sure glad you beat me to the question.
10 points for eyecatcher.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
... Iíd seriously consider securing food sources better if both bear and wolf are being attracted.

Gerry
Old 03-15-2021, 11:05 PM
Minnow

Spot on about securing the food sources better.She installed the gray well over 10 years ago and that was first time any animal bothered with it. The previous property owner had the drain line dumping straight into lake.The bear was tagged in the ear, meaning that it had been relocated because it was being a nuisance somewhere,now I guess the bear is her problem.

As for the wolf,I figure it got off pretty easy...I'm pretty sure a kick to the "familly jewels" would have been her next move...assuming the wolf was a male. Gotta love those northern Ontario gals.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboat View Post
BOOM!

An oldie but a goodie.

Hook, line, and sinker!
Yeah, that was cute....
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com
Old 03-16-2021, 09:25 AM
Minnow

Quote:
About three pounds.
That's funny!
Old 03-17-2021, 10:41 AM
Minnow

Let's "belly up to the bar" folks I have another story to tell. Bring your kleenex ...this one's a little sappy.The "anti-American folks" mindset is alive and well in NW Ontario.As btthomas3333 says, it is a lifelong predjudice based on family values that are passed on.Now, they come by it honestly because of the "raping and pillaging of the land" and the money that went "home in suitcases" with older generational American tourist camp operator.Not all of them but alot of them.If you don't believe that it's time to get your head out of the loon$hit.Talk to any old-timer Canadian tourist camp owner,if there are any remaining ,and they will educate you on the reasons for this stigma.

Last fall a group of us were at a buddies tourist camp(Canadian) helping him level cabins.One of the guys there was also a tourist camp owner(American).Lots of banter going back and forth about how we could solve the world's problems.Of course American issues arose and my American friend became quiet and distant.I looked him in the eye and said "there are the same type of a$$holes in Canada as there are in the States,just seems like more so in the States because of it's population". He looked me back in the eye and said "Thank You".( pass the tissue now and another whiskey)

Now what I learned from that day seeing that young American busting his back helping out a fellow camp owner,not just this one day,these guys are bartering their skills back and forth to help get through the troubled times, is that there is a new generation of American tourist camp owners that have a different mind-set about the tourist industry in NW Ont. Not just with this one fellow here but alot of the other"new generation "American camp owners I've come across.

My brain is not wired for that type of thinking, but the boys over on the "Interesting" post ...not sure if that's the right post...v-baygord,wawajake,and obabikon...seem to be hashing out some constructive solutions...good example of bartering skills between camps. I will stick to leveling cabins and other camp maintenance but I don't understand why it's being done over an open forum like this.Far too many interruptions for the task at hand.Why not just e-mail each other with your input ...that way the interruptions can go to junk-mail...sight unseen.
Old 03-17-2021, 11:44 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketripper View Post
Let's "belly up to the bar" folks I have another story to tell. Bring your kleenex ...this one's a little sappy.The "anti-American folks" mindset is alive and well in NW Ontario.As btthomas3333 says, it is a lifelong predjudice based on family values that are passed on.Now, they come by it honestly because of the "raping and pillaging of the land" and the money that went "home in suitcases" with older generational American tourist camp operator.Not all of them but alot of them.If you don't believe that it's time to get your head out of the loon$hit.Talk to any old-timer Canadian tourist camp owner,if there are any remaining ,and they will educate you on the reasons for this stigma.

Last fall a group of us were at a buddies tourist camp(Canadian) helping him level cabins.One of the guys there was also a tourist camp owner(American).Lots of banter going back and forth about how we could solve the world's problems.Of course American issues arose and my American friend became quiet and distant.I looked him in the eye and said "there are the same type of a$$holes in Canada as there are in the States,just seems like more so in the States because of it's population". He looked me back in the eye and said "Thank You".( pass the tissue now and another whiskey)

Now what I learned from that day seeing that young American busting his back helping out a fellow camp owner,not just this one day,these guys are bartering their skills back and forth to help get through the troubled times, is that there is a new generation of American tourist camp owners that have a different mind-set about the tourist industry in NW Ont. Not just with this one fellow here but alot of the other"new generation "American camp owners I've come across.

My brain is not wired for that type of thinking, but the boys over on the "Interesting" post ...not sure if that's the right post...v-baygord,wawajake,and obabikon...seem to be hashing out some constructive solutions...good example of bartering skills between camps. I will stick to leveling cabins and other camp maintenance but I don't understand why it's being done over an open forum like this.Far too many interruptions for the task at hand.Why not just e-mail each other with your input ...that way the interruptions can go to junk-mail...sight unseen.
Letís talk fishing,did you do any fishing in 2020 and if so how was it?
Old 03-17-2021, 12:41 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckohlt View Post
Letís talk fishing,did you do any fishing in 2020 and if so how was it?
I got out fishing a bit...busy with cabin maintenance mostly...that's why people rent I guess. When I did get out always managed to bring supper home.I target only walleye....if I'm gonna spend time fishing I feel much better if I can at least bring dinner home . Seemed to be lots of smaller ones 5 and 6 inch or so...but where the small ones are there's always some big boys hanging around.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketripper View Post
I got out fishing a bit...busy with cabin maintenance mostly...that's why people rent I guess. When I did get out always managed to bring supper home.I target only walleye....if I'm gonna spend time fishing I feel much better if I can at least bring dinner home . Seemed to be lots of smaller ones 5 and 6 inch or so...but where the small ones are there's always some big boys hanging around.
Thanks