Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Next year's trip or trips?! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 11-11-2017, 07:21 AM
Wallhanger

Default Next year's trip or trips?!

What are your plans for next year's fishing adventures?! For my September trip, my wife and I enjoyed the hospitality of Breezy Point and Christi his wife on our way to Cedar Point Resort, we enjoyed streak dinner and a drink and their offer to put us up for the night, our wives hit it off, Frank Breezy Point, and I are looking at a couples trip the Red Wing Lodge on LOW next summer. Musky hunting and fishing for walleye for the frying pan! Ill be renting a boat/motor for a couple days with my wife, and the rest of the time chasing toothy critters with Frank, a new lake to explore!
Where and when are your trip plans taking you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2017, 07:30 AM
Wallhanger

Hard for me to plan ahead of time with my schedule. I really, really want to chase some big Pike on LOTW this year. My seasonal camper is only 1/2 hour from Canada so a quick trip in works at times. I don't think I'll be doing any fly-ins. I paid to much for the boat and I figure I might as well tow that and fish in comfort rather then a fly-in camp boat.

I hope lots of guys here make it to Canada this year. I enjoy reading the reports and the planning stages of the trips.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Keeper

We made reservations for mid June on LOTW in Sioux Narrows. There will be several other trips but this might be our only Canadian trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2017, 08:10 AM
Wallhanger

Default Follow-Up

Greetings,

My fishing friends and I are very much looking forward to our annual ice-fishing trip to Thunder Bay in mid-March. I miss bobbing for lake trout through the ice, as we had to cancel our trip the last two years for insufficient ice.

My wife and I always look forward to our trips to NW Ontario in early July and then again in mid-August. She is a creature of comfort and likes the warm temperatures of mid summer.

I plan to go with my friends to NW Ontario for the first week of the open water season, and then again during mid-September. The temperature at this time of the season is just too cool for my wife.

Good fishing and tight lines!!
Old 11-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Wallhanger

Heading to Birch Dale Lodge in September for our 30th year there!!!
Old 11-11-2017, 10:22 AM
Keeper

Scheduled another houseboat trip with Lac Seul Floating Lodges for the first week in July. Depending on my house being sold, as I will be retired as of next Friday, could end up being at Pine Sunset Lodge all summer. Wintering on Lake Griffin Fruitland Park, Florida.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:27 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=That Minnesota guy;5854042]Hard for me to plan ahead of time with my schedule. I really, really want to chase some big Pike on LOTW this year. My seasonal camper is only 1/2 hour from Canada so a quick trip in works at times. I don't think I'll be doing any fly-ins. I paid to much for the boat and I figure I might as well tow that and fish in comfort rather then a fly-in camp boat.

I hope lots of guys here make it to Canada this year. I enjoy reading the reports and the planning stages of the trips. [/QUOT

Want to chase some big pike and the occasional musky try Essox and the Manitou. Access to Essox landing is about 1 1/2 from Fort Francis. Late May and early June is the prime time. Excellent smallmouth fishing too. I've also caught lake trout casting spoons and spin baits over the reefs and the rip rap off the islands and shoreline points.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Baseline;5854994]
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Hard for me to plan ahead of time with my schedule. I really, really want to chase some big Pike on LOTW this year. My seasonal camper is only 1/2 hour from Canada so a quick trip in works at times. I don't think I'll be doing any fly-ins. I paid to much for the boat and I figure I might as well tow that and fish in comfort rather then a fly-in camp boat.

I hope lots of guys here make it to Canada this year. I enjoy reading the reports and the planning stages of the trips. [/QUOT

Want to chase some big pike and the occasional musky try Essox and the Manitou. Access to Essox landing is about 1 1/2 from Fort Francis. Late May and early June is the prime time. Excellent smallmouth fishing too. I've also caught lake trout casting spoons and spin baits over the reefs and the rip rap off the islands and shoreline points.
Thanks, would this be 1 1/2 hours from Fort Francis by road?
Old 11-11-2017, 10:52 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=That Minnesota guy;5855002]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseline View Post

Thanks, would this be 1 1/2 hours from Fort Francis by road?

That is correct. Hwy 11 east to 502 north. 45 miles to Cedar Narrows Road. West on Cedar Narrows Road to Essox Landing about 20 miles -gravel, but graded and in good shape. Ramp is steep, but in good condition and there is ample parking. Canadian Rainy has good walleye, pike and crappie fishing in early June.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:41 AM
Wallhanger

Thank you.