Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Wait time on Lund and Alumacraft - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-31-2018, 09:18 AM
Wallhanger

Default Wait time on Lund and Alumacraft

A friend is thinking seriously about a new boat. He said wait time for both Lund and Alumacraft is months - as in mid to late summer. Does anyone have any information on this?

I think I heard or read (maybe on WC) that Alumacraft is looking desperately for workers.
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2018, 09:22 AM
Minnow

Ordered my Pro Guide on Jan 16th, shipped on Feb 26th took 4 days to arrive in Oregon
Helix 12 SI Mega & Helix 10 DI [email protected]
Helix 10 SI [email protected]
360 Imaging
Old 03-31-2018, 10:17 AM
Wallhanger

In the motor section there's a discussion about Yamaha motors being hard to get. Someone mentions Lund Fiberglass being close to full for production for 2018. This late in the season it's going to be a long wait.

Last edited by toolboy; 03-31-2018 at 10:27 AM. Reason: changed information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2018, 03:33 PM
Slot Fish

Default Alumacraft Delivery

Ordered mine Jan 15 and was told 4-6 weeks delivery time, putting it late February, on the late side. Prior to that time frame, when I checked on the progression, I was told due to labor shortages at Alumacraft, it was being pushed out another 4-6 weeks, now being the 2nd week of April. I spoke to the salesman again earlier this week, after the Mpls Sport Show, and the word is a manufacture completion date of 04/16. Then await delivery to the dealer, and all the setup. One would think that ordering in January would provide a boat for the openers, but I'm not convinced yet that I will have it by then. Alumacraft has had non-stop job postings for foremen, painters, and fabricators.
Minnkota Terrova w/IPilot Link
2021 Chev LT Trail Boss 6.2L
Spendin' summers on the Chip Flowage
Old 03-31-2018, 03:38 PM
Keeper

that also makes you wonder about quality as well with such turnover and new people
Humminbird Helix 10 mega di
Humminbird Helix 10 mega GPS
112 Ulterra with link
WavePro x2
Old 03-31-2018, 05:20 PM
Minnow

Ordered an Alumacraft Trophy the first week of January and was told I could take delivery in mid March. Went to my dealer at the beginning of March, and they told me now my boat wouldn't be complete until May 2nd. I stopped in again the other day, and now they are saying the delivery of my Yamaha 250 SHO is delayed. I thought placing an order the first week of January would ensure I would have a boat by opener, but I am losing confidence.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:25 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by padronanniversary View Post
that also makes you wonder about quality as well with such turnover and new people
Is it turnover or ramping up for better then expected sales?
Old 03-31-2018, 05:50 PM
Keeper

Almost all manufacturers are overbooked and understaffed. Equipment we buy at work the was 6 month lead time last year is now over 12 months.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:24 PM
Wallhanger

Booming economy, low unemployment, a lot of boats needing to be replaced from all the hurricanes last year, not enough workers at the boat manufacturers, likely still reduced manufacturing capacity since the recession. All of this adds up to a perfect storm. Now add the fact that Yamaha big motors are scarce and you just might not get that boat at all this season.

That said, if you are buying a Lund or Alumacraft, there should be a good chance of finding the one you want out of a dealer's inventory. It might not be the closest dealer, but someone nearby should have one that's at least close to what you want.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:35 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by law57 View Post
A friend is thinking seriously about a new boat. He said wait time for both Lund and Alumacraft is months - as in mid to late summer. Does anyone have any information on this?

I think I heard or read (maybe on WC) that Alumacraft is looking desperately for workers.
Ordered my 1775 Impact 2/20. It is built and at the factory. Just waiting on delivery to my dealer. 5 week build time for it.