Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Odd but True - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-15-2021, 12:38 PM
Minnow

Default Odd but True

A ladyfriend of mine was outside her cabin last fall(remoteish,off grid,Northwest Ont.)stacking up some firewood when a wolf sauntered out of the bush and walked right up to her.She shoode it away with her arms and told it to go away as if it were a stray dog.The wolf looked at her like she was nuts,sniffed the air and continued on towards the front of the cabin.She promptly went around to enter her cabin from the rear to get her camera and there was a black bear licking away at the gray well it had dug up. The bear spooked and bolted for the bush.The wolf then sauntered over to the graywell and spent 20 minutes or so finishing the bears lunch.Bear never came back and the wolf eventually left the same direction as the bear. Just happened to be a rotting carcass of a woodchuck under the wood pile which probably was what the wolf initially sniffed out.Somebody suggested that the wolf possibly was kicked out of the pack for bad behaviour(not agreeing with the leader of the pack perhaps) It wasn't a big wolf , young still. Initially thought it was possibly a coyote but pictures prove it to be a wolf. Are there any animal experts here that can weigh in on this wolf behaviour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2021, 01:50 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketripper View Post
A ladyfriend of mine was outside her cabin last fall(remoteish,off grid,Northwest Ont.)stacking up some firewood when a wolf sauntered out of the bush and walked right up to her.She shoode it away with her arms and told it to go away as if it were a stray dog.The wolf looked at her like she was nuts,sniffed the air and continued on towards the front of the cabin.She promptly went around to enter her cabin from the rear to get her camera and there was a black bear licking away at the gray well it had dug up. The bear spooked and bolted for the bush.The wolf then sauntered over to the graywell and spent 20 minutes or so finishing the bears lunch.Bear never came back and the wolf eventually left the same direction as the bear. Just happened to be a rotting carcass of a woodchuck under the wood pile which probably was what the wolf initially sniffed out.Somebody suggested that the wolf possibly was kicked out of the pack for bad behaviour(not agreeing with the leader of the pack perhaps) It wasn't a big wolf , young still. Initially thought it was possibly a coyote but pictures prove it to be a wolf. Are there any animal experts here that can weigh in on this wolf behaviour.
Im pretty sure it was really looking for little red riding hood,your lady friend wasnt wearing red was she?
Old 03-15-2021, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Neat story....I don't know what a greywell is....what is that?
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2021, 03:22 PM
Wallhanger

All i could find is that its a village in England ?
Old 03-15-2021, 03:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
Neat story....I don't know what a greywell is....what is that?
I think a greywell is kinda like a henway !
Old 03-15-2021, 04:21 PM
Wallhanger

See the following:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2s99vy.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	324874  
Old 03-15-2021, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallychowder View Post
LOL...okay, what's a "henway"?
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com
Old 03-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallychowder View Post
LOL...okay, what's a "henway"? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif[/IMG]
About three pounds.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:07 PM
Wallhanger

A gray well is a pit that gray water runs to and seeps into the ground. Gray water comes from faucets sinks and showers. Black water is sewage. Probably some tasty bacon fat in the gray well.

Cool story but Id seriously consider securing food sources better if both bear and wolf are being attracted.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:47 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketripper View Post
My suggestion is switch to old spice from brut. Cheap cologne attracts animals