Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird MEGA Live debut ... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-09-2021, 08:34 AM
Keeper

Default Humminbird MEGA Live debut ...

https://www.humminbird.com/learn/imaging/mega-live

Rickie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2021, 01:24 PM
Wallhanger

THAT is what we've been waiting for?
Old 06-09-2021, 03:42 PM
Keeper

https://www.humminbird.com/learn/imaging/mega-live

OVERVIEW

See fish in real-time, in no time. MEGA Live Imaging provides the most impressive live sonar on the water, allowing you to watch fish and structure in real-time, powered by the unmatched detail of MEGA Imaging®. This U.S. Patent Pending technology provides views out, down, and around your boat with absolute clarity, and even allows you to watch fish bite your lure. This accessory transducer mounts to a trolling motor shaft and provides three different live sonar views; Down, Forward and Landscape modes with the included mounting bracket.

Features

* See fish and structure in real-time, with no gaps in sonar coverage, powered by the unmatched detail and clarity of MEGA Imaging® throughout the entire sonar view.

*View everything down, out and around your boat with live sonar. Choose from multiple viewing modes; Forward, Down and Landscape, provided by the included trolling motor shaft mount.

*Keep fish and your lure within sight thanks to MEGA Imaging® detail and an optimized sonar cone angle, providing ample sonar coverage without sacrificing the precision ability to target individual fish.

*Mark and view waypoints on the MEGA Live Imaging sonar screen to remember productive fishing spots for next time, when paired with an optional GPS receiver with heading sensor (AS GPS HS).

*Connect MEGA Live Imaging to compatible Humminbird models via the included Ethernet cable. There is no external sonar box required for installation, allowing for the connection of optional sonar source like MEGA 360 Imaging® or Built-in MEGA Imaging® to the same control head.

*Compatible Humminbird control heads: HELIX 8-15 G3N & G4N models with MEGA Imaging®, All SOLIX® models, and All APEX™ models.

*For optimal sonar performance, it is recommended that MEGA Live Imaging be used with any Minn Kota®️ Ultrex™️ trolling motor or a Minn Kota®️ Fortrex®️ trolling motor equipped with Built-in MEGA Imaging®️.

*Includes: MEGA Live Imaging transducer with adjustable mounting bracket, 10' power cable, 20' Ethernet cable and mounting hardware.
Trolling motor and MEGA 360 Imaging accessories not included.
1-Year Limited Warranty

Rickie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2021, 06:40 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnd View Post
THAT is what we've been waiting for?

Usually the promotional videos show something at its best (or better). If that’s true here, I have to agree. I can only compare to the Livescope so take it for what it’s worth, but my setup looks much better.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:17 PM
Wallhanger

Ummm....I think that's a better advertisement for Garmin and Lowrance than it was for Hbird.
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Simrad nss evo2 12
BG Zeus2 12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance autopilot
Navico Precision-9
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3d
2 72" Traxtech tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
8 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 06-10-2021, 07:00 AM
Wallhanger

For us that already have a full boat network of Johnson outdoor products, this is just plug and play which is great. I think it's awesome they have it compatable with the G3Ns which are now a generation old. I agree, the detail isn't as good as what I've seen from the Livescope stuff but I don't have to completely upend my boat and electronics to install it either. The better questions is where and when can we actually buy one?
Old 06-10-2021, 10:10 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLE View Post
For us that already have a full boat network of Johnson outdoor products, this is just plug and play which is great. I think it's awesome they have it compatable with the G3Ns which are now a generation old. I agree, the detail isn't as good as what I've seen from the Livescope stuff but I don't have to completely upend my boat and electronics to install it either. The better questions is where and when can we actually buy one?

Wholeheartedly agree. But the rumblings around the inter webs were this thing was going to have “Oculus” like images due to the transducer appearance having similarities. I think it’s evident that this is not the case. I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat myself, if you have compatible equipment with any of the live imaging setups, go that route 100%. If you’re needing to purchase a MFD for the live setup, pick your favorite or most cost effective.

Competition in the market is good for all of us as long as prices don’t go even crazier than they already have.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:40 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLE View Post
The web site currently states this will be available in September of 2021. I do have a full boat network of G2 technology, so the question is upgrade to G3/4 or cut the cord and go with Garmin. I was hoping the MEGA live would be better than livescope, but it doesn't look like that is true so as of now I am leaning towards Garmin.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikear View Post
Wholeheartedly agree. But the rumblings around the inter webs were this thing was going to have “Oculus” like images due to the transducer appearance having similarities. I think it’s evident that this is not the case. I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat myself, if you have compatible equipment with any of the live imaging setups, go that route 100%. If you’re needing to purchase a MFD for the live setup, pick your favorite or most cost effective.

Competition in the market is good for all of us as long as prices don’t go even crazier than they already have.
yeah many of the people (not saying SLE was one of these people) were basically posting occulus videos and were certain this was going to be some giant improvement to the tech that already exists. now this video is released and now the same people are like "what did you expect" " you people will never be happy" "wait for the next version!"

I get it, if you are decked out in bird equipment this is likely a great addition to what you had before. but as we know with all these ford/chevy debates, many were secretly hoping for some tremendous product and will try and save face.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Keeper

Default Humminbird MEGA Live debut ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnd View Post
yeah many of the people (not saying SLE was one of these people) were basically posting occulus videos and were certain this was going to be some giant improvement to the tech that already exists. now this video is released and now the same people are like "what did you expect" " you people will never be happy" "wait for the next version!"

I get it, if you are decked out in bird equipment this is likely a great addition to what you had before. but as we know with all these ford/chevy debates, many were secretly hoping for some tremendous product and will try and save face.

Well stated. Either way, I’m glad the HB guys have a live option that is somewhat backwards compatible so they can try the technology.

We’ll know more when real users put some videos out and play around with the gain, depth, distance, contrast, palettes, etc. I’m constantly adjusting my LS based on the depth, water clarity, bottom hardness, where I’m fishing in the water column and how far away from the boat, and so forth. These promo videos are showing one setting at one depth that’s easiest to make the images look ok/good.