Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Verado DTS throttle alarm - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 07-13-2021, 03:53 PM
Keeper

Default Verado DTS throttle alarm

I have tried to get info on this before and checked some of the things that was recommended without any luck. The DTS throttle alarm per the eco-gauge goes off more and more. I have checked connections without any change. The alarm does not go off when changing forward or neutral or reverse but goes off when I throttle down from plane or sometimes it goes off when I am at idle. It never goes off at anything over about 1000rpm. The battery is new and the gauge shows there is no voltage drop. It seems that there is a spot on the throttle that is making it go off. Getting in a dealer now in Indiana is almost impossible. Has anyone had this same thing with a Mercury DTS throttle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2021, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

I haven't had that problem, however, somewhere in the far reaches of my mind, many years ago, there was a recall / campaign issued. For the most part, I don't think anyone up north ever got the recall performed, because there were no parts available, and it was primarily issued to address a corrosion issue that was primarily a salt water market thing. If "may" have been the throttle sensor. At any rate, have your SN available when you contact a dealer, and see if there are any open recalls / campaigns. Suggestion.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:50 AM
Keeper

I have asked about a recall and was told that there was not any. I did just yesterday get it in to a dealer and they said that they should be able to look at it in about a week. I just hope that a new throttle is not needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2021, 05:39 AM
Keeper

Got a call from the dealer and he said that because I have a flooded wet cell battery with a Verado they could not get a reading so had to install a AGM battery. The boat came new with wet cell battery in 2011 and I replaced it two years ago with the same. They then reprogramed the CCM and said they think that will fix it. Hope it works. Total bill $754.00 with battery.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.a View Post
Got a call from the dealer and he said that because I have a flooded wet cell battery with a Verado they could not get a reading so had to install a AGM battery. The boat came new with wet cell battery in 2011 and I replaced it two years ago with the same. They then reprogramed the CCM and said they think that will fix it. Hope it works. Total bill $754.00 with battery.
Also symptomatic of a bad pencil coil. I had intermittent problems getting to the upper RPM range, but once there I was good to go. Chased that **** pencil coil for quite awhile.

Marty
Old 08-03-2021, 06:19 AM
Keeper

I took the boat out yesterday and did not have the throttle alarm go off so it looks like the wet cell battery was causing the problem all along. My Verado is a 2011 model and at that time I don't think that the dealers then knew the need for a AGM battery. I know it was just one day but keeping fingers crossed.