Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Recommended bow mount - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2017, 05:52 AM
Minnow

Default Recommended bow mount

I recently bought a mid 1990's Lund pro v that needs a trolling motor upgrade. I put the boat in storage already so I can't measure anything so I figured this forum could help me out. The boat is a Lund 1890 pro v. I was looking at getting a minn kota terrova. I mainly fish smaller Wisconsin lakes but would like to fish Winnebago and Bay of Green Bay couple times a year. Would a 80# thrust and 60" shaft work for me? Thanks in advance for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Wallhanger

60in shaft should be good. Pro-Vs are pretty heavy I would consider the 36v terrova. 80lbs from the 24v would work but for a little more investment the 36v with 112lbs of thrust might be better suited.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Minnow

I know this is an older post, but I'll throw a couple newbie cents in.

The (new/old) 95 1890 Pro V Dlx SE I've owned since late Oct 2017 pulls around very well with the 24 Volt 80 with 60" shaft Terrova. The storage space between two consoles is difficult to access for the two SRM29 size batteries that came with it. To muscle three in and out of that narrow space...it's just plain hard for me to imagine, but if you need that extra power and weight, by all means go for it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2018, 09:20 PM
Minnow

Default 1890 Pro V Trolling Motor

I have the 24 volt Ultrex and it does just fine. I also looked at where the third battery would go and decided to stick with two.

I fish the Columbia River in the gorge, which has some heavy current and the wind can rip pretty good too. I've felt pretty secure with the 24 volts, but if I had room, I would have gone with the 36v, always good to have extra power.

I went with the 52 inch shaft and have never had cause to need more.

Good luck!

Now I have a question, are you installing a trolling motor tray? I'm trying to figure that out right now in my 1890.