Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
332 x15 wont take nav. card - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 08-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Minnow

Default 332 x15 wont take nav. card

Greetings, hope somebody can help me. I bought a used boat with a Low. 332 and an X15, both with gps. I dont have an owners manual for either. The big question is EXACTLY, what do I have to do to get either units to display the navioncs card. I've been punching alot of buttons the last couple of nites with no results. I hope I havent got it to screwed up. HELP PLEASE. thanks The coon dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 05:10 PM
dguarino

Smile This may help

I am having the same problem with my X-15 but I was told that you can download upgrades from the Lowrance website. All that you need is a spare SD card and a card reader go to the site click on upgrades and a list of locators come up, pick the one that matches load it on the card. Once you have the update loaded put the card in your matching Lowrance, turn power on and the card should load in your machine with the new updates.
I hope this works I have not done it yet my boat is at the lake. If it works could you let me know I won't be able to try till the weekend. [email protected]

Thanks Dean
Old 08-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Wallhanger

Here is the Lowrance web site address, where you can download manuals, emulators and software updates for your units. Before updating your 332, you might want to read the experiences others are having with the latest versions of software- it's not always so good.

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Downloads/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

First what navionics chip are you trying to use? I don't believe that the x-15 is compatabile with the premium chip.

Second, to select navionics chip, With unit on press PAGES, select MAP, press ENTER, press MENU, scroll down to MAP DATA, press ENTER, there should be something that says map choice or Navionics. scroll to that and press enter.

Hope this helps

Scott Lee

Since there is six times as much water as dry land on earth, any fool can plainly see the good Lord meant for man to fish six times as much as he works.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Charter Member

Default check card version

As Scott said, the X15 will only run the navionics "Classic" or lower level cards. The 332 will run the "Premium" or lower level card.
Insert card, hit menu (once or twice, can't remember), go to map data, scroll down to map choice, go to navionics selection and enter/exit your way out to screen.