Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Dodge Employee pricing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2017, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

Default Dodge Employee pricing

Many moons ago I hooked up with a guy on here who was an employee (worked on the SRT team, lucky dog) and got 1-2 employee pricing "tags" each year that could be assigned to anyone. It was very good pricing and the best part was no haggling unless you had a trade (had to negotiate trade value). Well after 8 straight years of college tuition it's time for my '04 pickup to go down the road and my wife's vehicle isn't too far behind, but my prior contact was a couple email accounts ago so no record of it.

Anyone know if this program still exists and is roughly the same process & deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2017, 06:54 AM
Charter Member

He helped me out also in Dec of 2006. Bought a new Dodge with a $36,000 sticker price for $24,000!
Old 02-23-2017, 07:01 AM
Charter Member

Yep, I worked with him on 3 or 4 trucks with the last couple being in 2007. Awesome deal and great guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2017, 07:15 AM
Yep

It still exists. I believe it's called Certain Designated Individual. I bought a Ram on the program. However, I couldn't order one, had to be off the lot as I recall. List of 42 out the door for 29.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:30 AM
Wallhanger

If you shop around you should be able to get comparable deals as those mentioned even without the 'employee pricing'. I bought my 2015 Ram, sticker(straight factory, no dealer markups) was $62,260, my price $50,641.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:43 AM
Hat Trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
He helped me out also in Dec of 2006. Bought a new Dodge with a $36,000 sticker price for $24,000!
Well 3 summers ago I bought a new Ram with a $44,000 price tag for $29,800. and I didn't use employee pricing. So, you probably don't need it.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:47 AM
Wallhanger

About 13 years ago walleye express did the same thing for me on a GMC truck. I think it was the friends and family program or maybe GM in your driveway. Great deal.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

In doing some quick Google search work, it appears that maybe Chrysler stopped letting employees extend Employee Pricing / CDI to anyone other than direct relatives 6 or so months ago. Sounds like they do have a "Friends" program, but with a lower discount level.

I'm aware that you can get under invoice if you want to play timing and inventories at the dealerships, this plan was just easy because it was at any time and no haggling at all.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:13 PM
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
In doing some quick Google search work, it appears that maybe Chrysler stopped letting employees extend Employee Pricing / CDI to anyone other than direct relatives 6 or so months ago. Sounds like they do have a "Friends" program, but with a lower discount level.

I'm aware that you can get under invoice if you want to play timing and inventories at the dealerships, this plan was just easy because it was at any time and no haggling at all.
I'm a direct relative of the person who gave the CDI code. The dealer I bought it from said they had never used a CDI code and never seen a truck sold for that deep of a discount. They couldn't charge any dealer prep beyond a set amount as designated by Dodge as I recall. No additional fees or charges. I don't know if I would do it again. Similar deals are available depending on time of year and current rebates. Having to buy off the lot sticks in my dead too and I couldn't get a current model year truck. I don't know why I remember this but for some reason I do. I don't know if I'm correct though. I recall having to pick from about 20some different trucks throughout WI.