Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Whats the deepest? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 09-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Keeper

heck, i caught the biggest LM bass i've ever seen 75' down over 110' while fishing for splake.

on a side note: this bass gerped up 2 or 3 splake on its way up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 09:44 PM
tinboat

220' while fishing for silvers on lake roosevelt in washington state, we routinly catch them 100ft plus while rigging, sadly most are dead when landed.....but the ****ed things wont leave a kokanee bait alone
Old 09-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Panfish Pete

Default 100ft deep

Pelican lake Breezy point Minnesota in Late fall we catch a lot of walleye's from 60' to 100'. even after first Ice the only draw back is there is no releasing these walleye's to due the pressure from bringing them up. Must have is fireline to feel the bites.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Ziert

Default A benefit to all !!!

This thread is indeed a benefit to all. I'd like to see it go one or six steps further by describing the conditions, the part of the lake , the depth again, the structure or whatever they seemed to be holding to or traveling along, the time of year, and the water clarity when these deep fish are caught.

Anybody up for this ?. . . please.

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Ironwood

They tell me that as long as there's oxygen and food and a tolerable temp for the species, depth is relative. I've caught largemouth trolling lake bottoms (30ft) with worm harnesses and pike suspended 50ft over 120 ft while trolling for lakers. Like the bass pros say...every once in awhile, throw your lure toward the deep side of the boat.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Wallhanger

Smile 150' deep

I caught some nice walleye last January jigging at a depth of 150' on Fontana Lake, NC. I'm sure they go even deeper but I've not developed an appropriate rod-line-lure-technique to jig deeper than 150 ft.

Leonard
Old 11-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Charter Member

115' deep on Lake Roosevelt....