Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trolling Gear - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZZ08 View Post
hommer found franks and have a pair of off shore boards with flags on the way. as for the trolling combos has anyone ever used the scheels trolling rods and reels. i do alot of buying at scheels and they have a lifetime grarantee so if anything breaks they will exchange it no questions asked just about every rod i own is a scheels rod and i seem to break rods some what often. i was also thinking about getting a pair of mini boards and try trolling for some crappie with them has anyone tried this?
I troll for crappie in MO with okuma 15's I use the bandit 300 series at 117 ft back they're about 20 feet down. It's about were there at in the summer around here. I use the 200 series in the fall. I've also caught some nice walleye on my Okuma 15's too. Hope this helps.
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Minnow

I have 3 different Scheels rods. 2-10' and 2-5' with lead and their 8'6" telescoping rods with Tekotas and 10" fireline. All are good rods for me.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Wallhanger

Have Diawa 27WC's with 7' Diawa Wilderness M's pulled out with Offshore's and tattles. I actually want to pick up a set of Diawa 17WC's and something other than the Wilderness rods this next year - I like the size, don't like the action. Put 30/10 Fireline on them to double duty with big fish and then stack two colors on the 27's.

Trolled a bit with the Cabelas Whuppin stick (their version of the Ugly) and liked it over the stiff Wilderness rods. Haven't found a 7' version of the EC Starfires yet either, those would be nice also.