Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
NTC - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 06-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Rough one

Default NTC

So, did everyone enjoy the weather on day one? Sure knocked a lot of weights down compared to day two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: NTC

I enjoyed the tournament,however, I did not enjoy the relentless wind on Friday. But thats just part of the game.

I now know why I see alot of glass on Oahe, I got wet and bounced alot in my tin can.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:10 PM
10POUND

Had a great time, didn't get the right bites, but it takes a lot of losers to make a big winner:) Yes, it was windy, but if you fish enough tournaments you tend to get used to it. We had a great bite going shallow at Timber Creek Tuesday. 70 mph winds drove the fish out of there Wed:( Where did everyone get there fish??

Also, hats off to Matt Kettler and the Cabelas crew on a first class operation! I was very impressed with the production!!

Artie Arndt
Team 84
122nd place :cheers:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Walligh Guy

I heard thgat the top 3 teams caught their fish pulling lead core within 3 miles of the launch. I also heard that the 2nd place team trashed the 'glass hull on their Tracker on Friday.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 PM
carp

Thats a aluminum welded hull
Old 06-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Wallhanger

Day one was hard on a fellow! Might of been the toughest day I ever spent on the water!
Old 06-18-2008, 02:28 PM
bwoe9669

it was an old targa glass hull
Old 06-18-2008, 02:33 PM

Wonder what type of cranks were producing and what colors at that depth?
Old 06-18-2008, 03:04 PM
walleye rick

tough wind to do much in if all of your spots were getting pounded. In practice we did well with 4 leadcore rods swimming baits in 11 to 15 feet. natural shad colors and chromes worked better in these depths. in 18 to 30 FOW caught fewer fish and they were scattered from 10 feet down, on close to the bottom. After the water came up 6 feet, that 2 foot flat by shore was now 8 feet and a lot of nice eyes moved up there on the points on Saturday, final day we did the best in 6 to 8 feet on 19 to 197/8's fish. No overs - I think most of them came in 12 to 18 feet. Don't know, fish moved all over that week. Had to be in the right area. Fun fishing that lake.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Magic MT

Congrats to Colin and Shannon

Leadline and glass shads in 24-27 ft for 13th place. Fished the pump house flat before the Moruea (sp?) Caught 8 overs both days and had to throw a 24.5 back after tagging our second 22, slots stink! Unders were 18.5 to 19.5 out there, with many 15-17's to weed thru.
Great job Cabelas!!!