Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Digital camera problems - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Wallhanger

Default Digital camera problems

I have a Kodak digital camera and the software for it is Kodak's EasyShare. My computer also has a "digital media" port - I can pull the SD card out of the camera and put it right in this slot. This is what I would prefer to do and bypass downloading the photos from the camera to the Easyshare software on the computer. But everytime I pull up a photo from the SD card to try to save to the harddrive, this Easyshare software starts up and wants to run the show. Problem with this is that when I e-mail a photo to someone, the bottom 1/3 of the picture is taken up with small print info from the software. I'd like to post my boat for sale here on WC, but don't want 1/3 of the photo to be fine print. What do I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Digital camera problems

Try this go in my computer go to the drive that your computer gives the SD camera media port and open the directory or folder and right click on a space in the directory and select "view" then select "thumbnails" then right click a thumbnail and chose "open with" it will give a few choices if you have photo software other than the one you don't want to use open it with that. If not use Microsoft paint. This is based on a windows XP system If other than that reply and I will give other instructions.

Good luck tom
Old 06-29-2004, 04:04 AM
Charter Member

Beacons advice is right on, I will add some more.

I have a camera like that too. I took the software off the computer. You dont really need it. I think if you look in the preferences there is a way to stop it from automatically starting if you dont want to remnove it from your machine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2004, 06:29 AM
Keeper

Try this. Click on start and then click run. Type in msconfig. Click OK. Click on startup and remove the checkmark for the software that you don't want to use for your camera. This will prevent the software from starting on its own when you turn on your computer. You can still use this program when you want to by going into programs and starting it manually. Hope this helps. mariner

Charter Member #193
Old 06-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

What the others are alluding to is that the Kodak software has become the default downloader/viewer for the media cards. Disabling this should be an option in the Kodak software itself. You may need some software to view the pictures and you might as well get something that can crop and edit the pics. ACDSee is very easy to use. Photoshop is the best for this but horribly complicated.