Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird 898 side and down imaging inop - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-17-2019, 07:26 AM
Minnow

Default Humminbird 898 side and down imaging inop

I have an issue with my side and down imaging on my Humminbird. The 2d sonar and mapping work fine but when I select any of the imaging screens all I get is a black screen. I've tried resetting to default and I installed the latest update with no changes. I've messed with the sensitivity and other settings with no change. Transducer type is set to hi-def side imaging. I see Humminbird doesn't service this unit anymore so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows of a fix for it? Or is it needing to be replaced? I am new to bird's so it's possibly user error.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2019, 07:39 PM
Keeper

Cross-testing your head unit on another xducer or another head unit on your xducer is an effective troubleshooting step (if you have access to anyone else that owns HB) ...

Rickie
Old 06-17-2019, 08:02 PM
Wallhanger

Dumb question are you sure it is an SI unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2019, 12:45 PM
Minnow

rnvinc, that was going to be my next step. I'd assume is has side imaging, it says side imaging on the sd card cover, I double checked that.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:13 AM
Wallhanger

Do you have a Y cable connected to the transducer if so check this connection? Easiest to be sure is if you can find another transducer to connect the unit to to make sure if it is unit or transducer. Does it have the correct transducer connected?