Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Do you think I can get a little more from my rig? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 09-17-2021, 11:51 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Luv,
Have you tried any 3- blade props to see if you can get more speed with your engine?
I did try the original 3-blade a 17p yamaha aluminum prop but it blew out very easy even with the motor to low.

I really like this 4 blade nemesis and how to boat handles.. Just really wondering if I am missing some performance enhancements.. I can't help myself LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2021, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

Luv,
I understand that you ran your boat with the 3 blade 17 pitch aluminum prop, and had some blow out issues.

But, you were wishing for more speed.

So, with your 17 pitch prop on smooth water with the boat running in a straight line - what is the top speed of the boat running with the motor trimmed as high as possible without blowing out?

Remember, this question is not about handling or blow out. This question is the best case, flat water, best motor trim setting for the very best speed you can get from your motor with the 17 pitch prop. Also, under those conditions, what rpm are you running when the boat is running as fast as it will run?

If there is more prop needed to keep the rpm in range, what happens with a 19 pitch yamaha stainless prop prop? Perhaps a dealer will have one and let you try it out.

I read your boat about the satisfaction with the 4 bladed prop. But you are asking about the best speed, and under most conditions, the right 3 bladed prop - with a high rake angle will give you that.

I wonder what the rake angle is with the 17 pitch aluminum prop? I am guessing not much. But with the 17 or 19 pitch pro stainless which has a higher rake angle, I am again guessing that the results might surprise you. The high rake angle of the stainless prop will likely take care of the blow out situation and also allow the motor to be mounted higher to have less lower unit in the water, and thus give you more speed.

Best wishes.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:09 PM
Charter Member

Here is a good read:

https://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/i...ller_Guide.pdf