Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cursed wedding ring found on Steel Head @ Tournament - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2019, 10:54 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by U D View Post
Aspencreek - Is it customary for you to torture your prey before consumption?? I prefer a quick clean kill. To each his own I suppose.
No, I prefer to kill my fish and put them on ice, but if you don't see the hypocrisy of this I'll let you think about it a little. This guy attached his old wedding ring to it and let it go to live another day, so someone else could catch it. Was it the RIGHT thing to do, probably not, but really, the comments from some of these people are coming from the same individuals who make a living from killing fish for sport everyday.

Do you feel sorry for the fish when you catch it and kill it? Is it torture when you put it in a live well to stress and more than likely die when you cull at the end of the day, is it torture when they tag the $$$money fish before the tournaments. Do you feel sorry for the fish when it is hung on a hook so the clients and captain can take holy pictures at the end of the day. Do you feel sorry for the fish when it breaks off and has a mouth full of treble hooks. Is it torture to even bait the hook and have the fish bite it. Are those forms of torture, to the PITA folks it is. And their claims are just as off line as this is.

Do I condone his actions, no, maybe what he should have done is sent it along with a bad luck spoon to the bottom and bury it's bad luck with it. Then just killed the poor fish for dinner, maybe then he wouldn't get all the negative comments from the "Walleye Central crowd".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
No, I prefer to kill my fish and put them on ice, but if you don't see the hypocrisy of this I'll let you think about it a little. This guy attached his old wedding ring to it and let it go to live another day, so someone else could catch it. Was it the RIGHT thing to do, probably not, but really, the comments from some of these people are coming from the same individuals who make a living from killing fish for sport everyday.

Do you feel sorry for the fish when you catch it and kill it? Is it torture when you put it in a live well to stress and more than likely die when you cull at the end of the day, is it torture when they tag the $$$money fish before the tournaments. Do you feel sorry for the fish when it is hung on a hook so the clients and captain can take holy pictures at the end of the day. Do you feel sorry for the fish when it breaks off and has a mouth full of treble hooks. Is it torture to even bait the hook and have the fish bite it. Are those forms of torture, to the PITA folks it is. And their claims are just as off line as this is.

Do I condone his actions, no, maybe what he should have done is sent it along with a bad luck spoon to the bottom and bury it's bad luck with it. Then just killed the poor fish for dinner, maybe then he wouldn't get all the negative comments from the "Walleye Central crowd".
X-2
Old 06-26-2019, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

Flat foot,
Run the ring through a black smith forge and trip hammer for 20 seconds and everything will be better in your life as you see the ring melt to blackness and back to its native structure.

I have no interest in having any - bad luck omens in my life. Give it a spot in the fiery furnace and all will be well.

Be safe
Old 06-26-2019, 03:53 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Really, we are now feeling sorry for the fish.....the hypocrisy is pretty thick.

Don’t often agree with you, but I’m on your side of this battle.

The guy tied one ring to one fish. I’m guessing the fish would go for life with ring attached over death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Wallhanger

Not really a battle, but I appreciate it. Just trying to be like Minnesota guy and be a pain in the rear to the Holier than thou crowd.

I was having a really BAD day and may have let some emotions get the best. My Makers Mark and DR Pepper has done it's job.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:28 PM
Wallhanger

I'm glad someone else was reading the comments and thinking WTF. I feel bad at the end of the day when I bleed my fish but I am a meat eater and feel better at dinner time. I'm with you Aspen ...x3
Old 06-26-2019, 09:25 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Flat foot,
Run the ring through a black smith forge and trip hammer for 20 seconds and everything will be better in your life as you see the ring melt to blackness and back to its native structure.

I have no interest in having any - bad luck omens in my life. Give it a spot in the fiery furnace and all will be well.

Be safe
I took the ring to work and fired up a rosebud and smoked it into oblivion.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:39 AM
Charter Member

Guy was all wrong to basically torture an animal for no reason other than his own vanity/ignorance.

Sell the ring and use the money to go fishing more often.

JMO
Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 06-27-2019, 07:22 AM
Slot Fish

Default I have to agree!!

Quote:
Really, we are now feeling sorry for the fish.....the hypocrisy is pretty thick.
The idiocy of people that think that there was harm done with the zip-tie is ludicrous. Do these same people lament the fact that sturgeon/sharks/bears/cougars/etc are "tagged" for scientific purposes?
Old 06-27-2019, 07:34 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Not really a battle, but I appreciate it. Just trying to be like Minnesota guy and be a pain in the rear to the Holier than thou crowd.

I was having a really BAD day and may have let some emotions get the best. My Makers Mark and DR Pepper has done it's job.
Hmmm, Makers Mark and Dr Pepper - not a combination that I would have considered. I might have to try that. It sure would help sometimes when reading threads that take a brief ride on the crazy train.