Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Downriggers on Triton 192 Allure - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-05-2019, 02:58 PM
Minnow

Default Downriggers on Triton 192 Allure

I am considering purchasing a Triton 192 Allure in the next year. Has anyone installed downriggers on their Triton 192 Allure? Is that back black step area strong enough to support downriggers? If you have installed downriggers could you share a photo. Thank you Tony194
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2019, 04:42 PM
Charter Member

Here is a boat for sale that has some pretty good pictures of rigger and rod mounts in place.

https://www.facebook.com/theboatdoc2...type=3&theater

Take care
Old 11-06-2019, 05:36 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Here is a boat for sale that has some pretty good pictures of rigger and rod mounts in place.

https://www.facebook.com/theboatdoc2...type=3&theater

Take care
SO;
-is the black step area strong enough?
-does that area flex with riggers in place?
-is there access to check for wiring/plumbing in that area and to add backing plate?
-is that a good area in general to operate downriggers?

I could have drawn a picture in crayon that would have given as much information as your link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2019, 08:16 AM
Wallhanger

google adding riggers to a triton 192 boat. or look for mounting downriggers on youtube. but I just did a chrome google search. It shows different ways to mount them.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

Nails,
Are you serious?

The link that I posted was a picture of the boat model that the fellow asked about.

The picture illustrated rigger mounts mounted securely in the area that was questioned.
In addition, multiple rod holders to work in conjunction with the down riggers.

Apparently, the setup had worked for the previous owner.

Best wishes.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:02 PM
Wallhanger

Clearly the OP was asking for real life experience with rigger mounting on the Triton, which you did not provide. Now I'm not saying that area is not a good place to mount riggers, but just because you showed a picture with them mounted in that area doesn't mean that is a good spot or the best spot.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Nails,
Are you serious?

The link that I posted was a picture of the boat model that the fellow asked about.

The picture illustrated rigger mounts mounted securely in the area that was questioned.
In addition, multiple rod holders to work in conjunction with the down riggers.

Apparently, the setup had worked for the previous owner.

Best wishes.
I would say you nailed it...I would have been grateful if i was the OP

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 11-14-2019, 12:41 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NailsWI View Post
Clearly the OP was asking for real life experience with rigger mounting on the Triton, which you did not provide. Now I'm not saying that area is not a good place to mount riggers, but just because you showed a picture with them mounted in that area doesn't mean that is a good spot or the best spot.

I had a Triton 192 and 186 both mounted and re-mounted with Cannon Mag 10 downriggers exactly in the same area the picture shows... Also, dealer recommended.

Nails - Not sure why you felt the need to reply without any ability to answer his question but rather lash out to someone who did. I'm sure if it was not helpful he could speak for himself, or more than likely if it wasn't helpful simply have some common decency and understand he's just trying to help. Go ahead, let's see your crayon drawing indicating where the riggers should be mounted.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:38 AM
Wallhanger

Wow, that was lashing out? Simply stated that a picture really doesn't help. Now your response as an owner and real experience does help.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Minnow

Default Downriggers On Triton 192 Allure

Thanks REW and everyone for your replies. I was able to find a photo online of just what I was looking for. I wanted to make sure the stern step area was strong enough for downriggers as I plan to fish Lake Michigan and Erie. I am looking specifically at the 192 Allure and not the 186 or 206 Allure. The link below shows a 192 Allure with downriggers in the location I was asking about. I'll be reaching out to a Triton dealer for their opinion as well.

You guys are a great resource and Walleye Central is the first place I look for answers. Take Care.

https://www.smartmarineguide.com/L52542354