Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake Sharpe SD - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 08-30-2020, 11:13 AM
Keeper

Default Lake Sharpe SD

The bite came on strong yesterday on Sharpe. Slow death on bottom bouncers. 8 to 12 foot. Limited out in less than two hours.

Mike G

Also
I hit some rough weather and noticed the wires that lead to my front depth finder fell out from under the gunnel. I was going to shorten the wire so it would tuck back in place and stay. I noticed two square devices that had multiple winds of positive wire around them. I spliced the wires back together leaving them out. Now I wonder what they were for. Any ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2020, 07:07 AM
Slot Fish

Were they quality fish or under 15"?
Old 08-31-2020, 07:23 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrandick View Post
The bite came on strong yesterday on Sharpe. Slow death on bottom bouncers. 8 to 12 foot. Limited out in less than two hours.

Mike G

Also
I hit some rough weather and noticed the wires that lead to my front depth finder fell out from under the gunnel. I was going to shorten the wire so it would tuck back in place and stay. I noticed two square devices that had multiple winds of positive wire around them. I spliced the wires back together leaving them out. Now I wonder what they were for. Any ideas.
Are they some kind of capacitor for something? I am envisioning some sort of copper coil like resistor or capacitor in my mind.

I have never fished Sharpe this late in the year, but it is one of my favorite places to go, and hope to get back up there next year. I love drifting the river from the bridge down to the Bad River. We do not have rivers we can drift in Colorado. I know it gets hit hard, but it is so much fun using Spot lock around the pilings, and drifting. Farm Island is a great place too. And when things are not on fire, hitting the Stilling Basin for monster fish, maybe not eyes, but everything else in there seems to be on steroids.
My wife loves Lynn's Dakota Mart! She can spend more time in there than a Kohls or Bed Bath and Beyond in Denver..... Do not ever allow her to get her own minnows. She used the dip net, and called that a scoop. When I got back to the boat, she had about 9 dozen minnows. I went back in and dropped cash on the counter, told them just to keep all of it.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Pulled by 2021 Chevy Trail Boss 6.2L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2020, 05:45 PM
Keeper

Default Sharpe

Almost all our fish were 15 or over. Mostly over. Most of my fish came on a slow death rig with a brass propeller