Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Boat realigning itself on trailer?... - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 09-23-2020, 08:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
As one gets older, the best thing to do is to really reduce your intake of fat of any sort.

As the saying goes, "eat fat, be fat."

Nothing manly, or womanly about carrying excess weight.

Excess weight just slows you down, ages you, stresses your heart and makes it tougher to live a vigorous life.

But, absolutely, eat what ever you wish and enjoy the results of your meals, what ever that is for you.

The other thing that helps a lot, or at least for me, is to limit your meal to a single helping, and as you get older, begin to eat from smaller plates. That way, even a nice serving on a smaller plate is fewer calories.

When someone says, eat the food or it will go to waste, simply say, if I eat it - it will go to my waist, but I would rather it go to the waste basket:

Take care
Thank You Dr Atkins........please tell us more....... LOL
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
DJT 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2020, 09:41 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
As one gets older, the best thing to do is to really reduce your intake of fat of any sort.

As the saying goes, "eat fat, be fat."

Nothing manly, or womanly about carrying excess weight.

Excess weight just slows you down, ages you, stresses your heart and makes it tougher to live a vigorous life.

But, absolutely, eat what ever you wish and enjoy the results of your meals, what ever that is for you.

The other thing that helps a lot, or at least for me, is to limit your meal to a single helping, and as you get older, begin to eat from smaller plates. That way, even a nice serving on a smaller plate is fewer calories.

When someone says, eat the food or it will go to waste, simply say, if I eat it - it will go to my waist, but I would rather it go to the waste basket:

Take care
More nonsense from REW, who never lets his ignorance of a subject prevent him from carrying on about it as if he were some kind of expert. Not only is he wrong to believe and push that old wives' tale about eating fat making a person fat (see the attached link), but some dietary fats - particularly monounsaturated fats - are even important to maintain brain function. Maybe his post explains why he is the way he is?...

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-...?source=Snapzu

If you want to be careful about your weight as you age, then keep up your exercise as best you can and cut down on rapidly digested carbohydrates/sugars - or better yet, talk to a nutritionist to get help designing a well-balanced diet.

Gerry
Old 09-23-2020, 12:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
Thank You Dr Atkins........please tell us more....... LOL
Actually REW’s theories about fat are precisely the opposite of Dr. Atkins. Atkins did not advocate elimination of dietary fats. Atkins revolutionized nutrition science by describing blood cholesterol is not caused by eating it, but is caused by eating simple carbohydrates which are converted to cholesterol. I dont think nutrition science has caught up to him as he tipped the food pyramid upside down.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW View Post
Actually REW’s theories about fat are precisely the opposite of Dr. Atkins. Atkins did not advocate elimination of dietary fats. Atkins revolutionized nutrition science by describing blood cholesterol is not caused by eating it, but is caused by eating simple carbohydrates which are converted to cholesterol. I dont think nutrition science has caught up to him as he tipped the food pyramid upside down.
Exactly, it was a tongue in cheek remark.........also a spin off of a Seinfeld's episode of the "Hampton's" where Elaine tells Mr Science (George) to please tell us more.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
DJT 2020