Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowrance Elite TI2 networking issues - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 09-30-2021, 05:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
I'm confused! If the Navionics map card works and loads, what map card did load initially and won't now?
I have a Navionics+ card in the console 12 that is supposed to share to the bow 12. It would not share so I stuck my old Navionics+ card in the bow 12 so I had decent mapping. So, on the initial soft reset, the Navionics+ card from the console shared with the bow 12 so I figured the problem was solved but when I went out fishing it wouldn’t load again. I tried another soft reset and it still wouldn’t load. The message comes up and says it is loading but it always fails. So after a few more attempts I stuck an old Navionics+ card back in the bow unit to have some mapping.
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2021, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladding View Post
I have a Navionics+ card in the console 12 that is supposed to share to the bow 12. It would not share so I stuck my old Navionics+ card in the bow 12 so I had decent mapping. So, on the initial soft reset, the Navionics+ card from the console shared with the bow 12 so I figured the problem was solved but when I went out fishing it wouldn’t load again. I tried another soft reset and it still wouldn’t load. The message comes up and says it is loading but it always fails. So after a few more attempts I stuck an old Navionics+ card back in the bow unit to have some mapping.
That's really odd and to be honest the first I've heard of something like that. I dunno, you might attempt a soft reset on the console unit if you haven't done so yet. A hard reset on both units might even be better, but for sure save you waypoints to an SD card first.

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
Old 10-01-2021, 05:49 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
That's really odd and to be honest the first I've heard of something like that. I dunno, you might attempt a soft reset on the console unit if you haven't done so yet. A hard reset on both units might even be better, but for sure save you waypoints to an SD card first.

I thought it was odd as well. I will have to back up the waypoints and give it a shot tonight when I have time. I will have to watch a video on YouTube to refresh my memory on saving all the waypoints.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladding View Post
I thought it was odd as well. I will have to back up the waypoints and give it a shot tonight when I have time. I will have to watch a video on YouTube to refresh my memory on saving all the waypoints.
With an SD card (not a map/chart card) in the card reader, Pages>Storage>Waypoints>Export. Follow the on-screen prompts to export to the SD card. When you get ready to put waypoints back on:
Card with .usr file on it in the card slot, Pages>Storage>Memory card. Select the .usr file and a box will pop up, select "Import" and follow on screen prompts. Pretty easy.

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
Old 10-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
With an SD card (not a map/chart card) in the card reader, Pages>Storage>Waypoints>Export. Follow the on-screen prompts to export to the SD card. When you get ready to put waypoints back on:
Card with .usr file on it in the card slot, Pages>Storage>Memory card. Select the .usr file and a box will pop up, select "Import" and follow on screen prompts. Pretty easy.
Sweet! Thanks! I will give it a rip when I get home tomorrow after fishing.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:07 AM
Slot Fish

I think you are asking a lot of the bow mount TI2 via wireless. I know it's suppose to do the mapping, but an easier fix maybe to just buy another map card for it so you won't have these issues.
Yamaha 9.9 HP
Lowrance Ti2's
Old 10-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
I think you are asking a lot of the bow mount TI2 via wireless. I know it's suppose to do the mapping, but an easier fix maybe to just buy another map card for it so you won't have these issues.
I have been using another mapping card but that wouldn’t work either. I ended up doing a hard reset on the bow unit and then networked it wirelessly with the console 9. I put my old card in the 9. It now shares everything perfectly like it is supposed to. I will back up all my data and do a hard reset on the console 12 and try and network it with the bow 12 again.