Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
no Canada for another month at least - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 09-18-2020, 05:08 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Hugh g anus;6484766]My suggestion is when we in the United States develop the vaccine we only give it to Canadian lodge ownersAnd let the others fend for themselves. Amazing how Canada likes us when they can take from us but have nothing to give[/QUOTE]

Brilliant quote....lots of in depth review went into this. Like Canada has never helped out the US, google Gander Newfoundland 911.

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2020, 05:13 AM
Wallhanger

For the record, there are Canadians that selfishly like to cross the border and fish with their great American friends but can't. I am one of them, my trips to Port Clinton to fish and spend time with my buds is the highlight of my year.

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 09-18-2020, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

With the regular flu season fast approaching, I fear those cases will start getting lumped in with covid 19. Then it's called another major outbreak, and the border crossings will be extended again and again. I've been making alternative trips after missing out on Canada. I might get to the point that it's easier to just stay in the US than meet requirements to cross.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:26 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Shellback;6484914]I might get to the point that it's easier to just stay in the US than meet requirements to cross.[/QUOTE]

Been there, Done that over 5 Years Ago ! ! !
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 09-18-2020, 11:25 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Bobby Winds;6484770]Now if I had to place a Vegas bet on when CanaDA opens, my money would be Jan 2022 or later.[/QUOTE]

I am inclined to concur with your forecast. The one thing that could disrupt the analysis are the snow birds. As the Canadian silent majority are prevented from traveling to warmer climes this winter, some for the first time in decades, there will be backlash.

On a related note, I discovered a loophole that allows Canadians to avoid the border crossing barrier for nonessentials by FLYING into the US. The difficulty is that they cant cross the border and return to Canada until the border blockade is lifted.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:54 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=DW;6484984]I am inclined to concur with your forecast. The one thing that could disrupt the analysis are the snow birds. As the Canadian silent majority are prevented from traveling to warmer climes this winter, some for the first time in decades, there will be backlash.

On a related note, I discovered a loophole that allows Canadians to avoid the border crossing barrier for nonessentials by FLYING into the US. The difficulty is that they cant cross the border and return to Canada until the border blockade is lifted.[/QUOTE]

If the Canadian Snowbirds are not allowed into the Great U.S.A. it will open up many accommodations for us American's who decide to go south for the winter months. It might even make those accommodations a little bit more affordable for cheap skates like me . . . . :laugh:

See, you just have to look for that silver lining in everything and you will find it.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 09-18-2020, 02:04 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=DW;6484984][QUOTE=Bobby Winds;6484770]Now if I had to place a Vegas bet on when CanaDA opens, my money would be Jan 2022 or later.[/QUOTE]

I am inclined to concur with your forecast. The one thing that could disrupt the analysis are the snow birds. As the Canadian silent majority are prevented from traveling to warmer climes this winter, some for the first time in decades, there will be backlash.

On a related note, I discovered a loophole that allows Canadians to avoid the border crossing barrier for nonessentials by FLYING into the US. The difficulty is that they cant cross the border and return to Canada until the border blockade is lifted.[/QUOTE] so if they fly into the United states (Canadians) they cant return to CANADA until the border restrictions are lifted ? Well i guess they become US citizens for awhile or a great while ???
Old 09-18-2020, 04:52 PM
Central Wisc

Default Border officially closed till at least Oct 21, 2020

[url]https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-extends-travel-canadian-mexican-borders[/url]
Old 09-18-2020, 07:06 PM
Wallhanger

There are other options for Canadian snow birds. The Turks and Caicos for one.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:05 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Central Wisc;6485044][url]https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-extends-travel-canadian-mexican-borders[/url][/QUOTE]

I don’t think they will consider it any time soon as as US counts go up and now headed to flu season.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes