Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Attention - Password and Security Update - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Complaint Department > Walleye Central Complaints, Kudos, Suggestions Etc...

Old 06-14-2016, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Default Attention - Password and Security Update

Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2016, 06:14 AM
Hawker u/l

Default Cart Before The Horse???

It seems that someone has flipped a switch a tad too soon!! I just received the following email from another of your outdoor websites that "SHOULD" have been sent out to all Walleye Central members as you did with 2Cool Fishing. Someone needs to grab the runaway cart, re-attach it to the horse and get things back on track methinks.

Dear Hawker,

Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:

Username: *****
Password: ***************

To change your password, please visit this page: http://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforu...o=editpassword

If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.

All the best,
2CoolFishing

2CoolFishing, a part of VerticalScope Inc.
111 Peter Street, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5V 2H1
Old 06-16-2016, 07:12 AM
Bobby W

I have having no luck whatsoever on getting a new password................any help here ? ? ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2016, 07:15 AM
yarcraft91-unlogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby W View Post
I have having no luck whatsoever on getting a new password................any help here ? ? ?
No help. Just shared misery.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Minnow

Seems like they are trying to discourage anyone from using WC. passwords reset for stronger security and expire in a year why. My bank, credit card and PayPal don't. Why does a fourm need to
Old 04-11-2017, 07:52 AM
Administrator

We're hoping to be able to lower the password requirements in the future, but for now this is what's required. The main headache of the databreach last year was the precautionary forced password reset and we only had to do so because we allowed weaker passwords on the site. Passwords files are encrypted, but the encrypted file is enough to break a weak password, so we've gone full force in the other direction by increasing password complexity. If a databreach were to happen again, we shouldn't have to worry about a reset that time

Kevin
Old 05-16-2019, 11:21 PM
Slot Fish

I haven't been able to log on to WC for 2 or 3 years, had been a member since 03 or longer. Very frustrating!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2019, 11:23 PM
Slot Fish

Just on Tapatalk from my phone. Cannot reset password and plug-in from a computer.

Old 05-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Slot Fish

Log-in.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Are you still having an issue with your account?

Niall