Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 621 steep ramp launch and load - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-29-2019, 08:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by black white face View Post
You want the model that fits a 3” wide pedestal

I would recommend the model with the rollers

I have attached a couple pics of the model I have

I also dropped my bow eyelet to allow me to use the winch strap to tightly secure when transporting

The roads here in SD are horrendous and this prevents any bouncing or bow movement on the Teflon pad.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7f758cad04.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...836d3f1f34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks BW, that looks like it will also help me with my bow nose moving lower than the roller at load/unload. I got the minnkota MKA 51 slide bracket as well as Juls recommended..thanks for the pics..I envy you guys flitting around on rainy etc. I grew up in Iowa and fished a lot on MN and Canada until graduating from college...still get up that way 3-4 times a year. now I live further south...but then again, you guys might envy some of the fishing we have down here all winter long on soft water on Bull shoals, Stockton, Truman...etc...not the numbers you have but big fish when you get em. most my biggest fish come out of MO and Ark.

Last edited by kswalleyer; 08-29-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2019, 08:01 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
Was up at Devils ...the Lakeview ramp was steep and shallow and I had bunks…...so what did I do? I came home and bought a 621 .....
It's might not be exactly made for the situation you describe, but Ranger offers the "lift roller system" shallow water launch rollers for the trailer.

They are rollers along the keel of the trailer that raise and lower to permit moving the boat on or off the trailer in water too shallow to float it off the bunks.

It might work for the situation you describe.

Steve