Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft 165 Competitor SS LE - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-24-2015, 10:09 PM
Minnow

Default Alumacraft 165 Competitor SS LE

Looking for thoughts on the Alumacraft 165 Competitor SS LE. Would like to go to the 175 or 185. But can't because of storage restraints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2015, 08:38 AM
Minnow

What the heck is a "SS"?
Old 11-25-2015, 09:24 AM
Slot Fish

single console
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2015, 10:19 AM
Minnow

OK, A "CS" Model, which always makes me laugh because it's npt called a "Console Side". Very solid boat!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:54 PM
Minnow

[QUOTE=runhotshot;4341018]OK, A "CS" Model, which always makes me laugh because it's npt called a "Console Side". Very solid boat![/QUOTE

I meant sport model with full windshield. Thanks for th comment of it's a very solid boat. Could you expand on that comment?

THANKS
Old 11-28-2015, 06:18 AM
Keeper

We love our 165CS, also went with that size for storage reasons and put a swing tongue on the trailer. Went with the CS over the sport to get more walk around room. Maybe with a swing tongue you can move up to a longer boat. Good luck
Old 11-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Minnow

Default Alumacraft Competitor 165 Sport LE

My wife and I love our 2-year old boat. Rides and handles well with the Yamaha 70 4-stroke, although the boat is rated for a 90. Top end around 30. Lots of storage for rods and other items. The limited edition, as you probably know, adds a lot of nice upgrades to the standard package. We fish lakes from 500 up to 2000 acres, and always feel the boat is safe and secure. The full windshield is a must if you don't like spray and wind in your face in choppy water. We back-troll much of the time with a Vantage 80, and find the seating in the rear works perfect for that technique. I think it is the perfect size for two people, plus our 11 pound puppy named Chloe. She loves fishing, but every time we hook a walleye or smallie, she starts barking and everyone close by knows we have a fish on. The few issues we've had include a windshield adjustment and a glove box door replaced. Good luck with your decision.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Boat first walleyes June 6 2013 Resized.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	433.1 KB
ID:	182049  
Old 12-23-2015, 11:45 AM
Wallhanger

We have a 175 2014 Sport model that is perfect for us

Nice layout for the type of fishing we do.

Just emptied the boat out for the winter and was amazed with all the storage in the boat.

I did the looking at shows for a few years dsitting in all the boats I liked at each show and trying to image fishing out of them, went back and forth several times between various other maufacturers

Good luck

Alumacraft 175 Sport Limited package
Mercury 115 4 Stroke
Lowrance Elite 7
Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV
Minn Kota Terrova iPilot
Eagle Bunk Trailer
Old 12-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Minnow

I ordered a black/blue/black 2015 165 LE side counsel back in 14' and love it. Has a 90 evinrude with charcoal gray color, 999hb, and 80lb ulterra. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Originally came with eagle trailer, but had to change to shorelander, bc of garage width. Glad it has a swing tongue.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:45 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel_fishin View Post
I ordered a black/blue/black 2015 165 LE side counsel back in 14' and love it. Has a 90 evinrude with charcoal gray color, 999hb, and 80lb ulterra. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Originally came with eagle trailer, but had to change to shorelander, bc of garage width. Glad it has a swing tongue.
Interesting that you mentioned the trailer width. The current dealer that I am working with has a package deal and the trailer company is Phoenix. The trailer is too wide BC of garage width as well. Phoenix is going to shorten the axle width 3.0" to make it fit. at the moment it appears it is still within the DOT regulations in Illinois and no issues with trailing the boat. Haven't yet purchased the boat until everything is written down on paper and signed.