Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft Trophy 175 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-13-2016, 08:30 PM
Minnow

Default Alumacraft Trophy 175

Looking for thoughts on this boat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2016, 08:46 PM
Keeper

I have a 20 yr old Trophy 180. I love this boat. Solid dry ride. I use mine for inland lakes and also have it rigged for fishing trout and salmon on big lakes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2016, 08:19 AM
Minnow

have a neighbor with one. Has a 150 yamaha 4s and a kicker on it. He wanted the lower sides compared to the 185. He only sings it's praises and has had since 2013.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Keeper

I just bought a Trophy 175 LE. 115hp Yamaha on the back.

I absolutely love this boat. Used it for a week in Canada in June. The ride was wonderful. Crossed big water twice with maybe 3 foot waves and it rode them very nicely. The windshield deflected all the spray past the passengers.

Fished 3 guys in the boat. Plenty of room for all our gear. Didn't have to step over anybody's stuff the entire trip. Dual livewells was very nice as well. No one running with a fish from one end of boat to the other.

Bimini top was also excellent! We had two bad days - cold/rainy/windy. We were snug as bugs with the top up. We blocked the walk through air hole with a cooler. I've now ordered the snap cover to close that up.

Would I buy another one - yes. Previous boat was a 1990 Sylvan Super Sportster - 17' with a 90 Johnson. Nice boat in its day, but these new ones are so much better.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Minnow

I picked up a new Trophy 175 this year with a Yamaha 115 on it and couldnt be happier. Plenty of room and handles bigger water great. After looking at several styles the Trophy was a great fit.
Hummingbird Helix 7 DI GPS
Old 07-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Minnow

To Cp, Lawson, chinewalker and Smoke N Finn. Thanks very much for the response. The next question I Know has many variables. However, what can I expect for an average cost?

Was thinking about the competitor. But, I like the higher sides and the wider gunwales. Nice to have a larger platform to step on and the wider platform as a workbench per sey.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:09 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkdfishing View Post
To Cp, Lawson, chinewalker and Smoke N Finn. Thanks very much for the response. The next question I Know has many variables. However, what can I expect for an average cost?

Was thinking about the competitor. But, I like the higher sides and the wider gunwales. Nice to have a larger platform to step on and the wider platform as a workbench per sey.
I specifically chose the Trophy over the Competitor because of the higher sides and wider gunwales. My wife feels a lot safer in the Trophy.

By average cost do you mean just the boat/motor/trailer? If so, you're looking in the upper 20K range. My boat, which has a bimini, 8hp kicker, Minnkota 24V Terrova iPilot, Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS is insured for $34K.

Let me bring up another great feature of the Trophy 175. The bow rod system holds 8 rods and you can even store more stuff around them if needed. The port gunwale can hold an additional 5 rods. One thing I was concerned about was leaving rods laying around the boat when going from spot to spot. But these two rod storage areas are so easy and quick to use, we always put the rods away.

My 8hp kicker taps off the main tank, as they have two outputs from the gas tank in back. Thus I don't have to carry that extra gas can around anymore.

Good luck.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Minnow

I have owned a Trophy 175 since 2012. We have an ETEC 130. Love the boat and the support from Alumacraft customer support is second to none. We would not hesitate to buy another. It is usually the first on the lake and the last off because of the self winterize feature on the ETEC and the build of the boat. It stays in the marina all season. I can confirm its ability to handle big waves and it survived a brutal hail storm that caused millions in damage. Only had to replace the aerial and gas cap. It is used for fishing, tubing and general cruising. You won't go wrong with this boat.

Cost wise - our dollar is brutal right now and the cost of these has crept over $40K in Alberta. Still cheaper than the competition and without any compromises.