Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Funny(now) stories - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2019, 07:52 PM
Wallhanger

Default Funny(now) stories

We've all probably been around long enough to see and here some funny stuff. the Winterization thread got me thinking about this one, thought this would be fun to do, ill bet there are some doozies.

funny (now) story. I started my son fishing around 5. When he was about 8, I started having water in my gas, It got bad enough it wouldn't run so I took it in to be looked at.,I had a 96 stratos 285 pro XL with an Evinrude 175 Intruder. mechanics couldn't figure out what was going on...they tore things down, I added fuel water filter , problem persisted. Id drive 140 miles one way to fish with a motor that wouldn't start....went back and forth for a few months.

then one day my son and I are fishing. I had the old plastic yellow minnow buckets that you tilted and open the spring loaded lid, reach in to get a minnow. I happen to look back and see him tilting the bucket ......wait for it........against my gas tank vents!! so basically he's pouring minnow water somewhat directly into the gas tank. I asked him "what the **** are you thinking" and he said, " dad I thought those bumpy things were there to hold the minnow bucket steady against the boat while i reached in to get a minnow...Well. we got that stopped immediately and believe it or not, never had another problem. we laugh about it now...not so much then...I spent a lot of money drying that motor out. it was a fantastic motor...and boat.

Last edited by kswalleyer; 11-03-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2019, 08:10 PM
Wallhanger

That's funny right there now, I don't care who you are. Kids will be kids.

Years ago, we were boating on Falls Lake near Raleigh, NC. A severe thunderstorm ran us off the lake one Saturday afternoon. The ramp was crazy and I couldn't find a spot to tie up. I pulled up and tied my boat to the shore nearby. My 7 year old son and his friend were with me. They both were wearing their PFDs, so I asked them to watch the boat while I walked up the ramp, got my truck, waited in line, and finally backed it in to trailer my boat. When I got back to the boat, it was being beat to sh*t against some rocks from other boats wakes. The boys were playing around in the water. I said to my son, "I thought I asked you to watch my boat?" He responded, "I did, it's right there!"

About $400 later, my fiberglass boat was repaired from the rock damage. I couldn't even get mad at him because he was right on.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:37 PM
Wallhanger

I took a group of guys elk hunting about 15 years ago. None had been out west before so things can look different there. 500 yards can look like 200 yards. One of the more accident prone guys buys a bear tag....About 5 days in, I talked to the rancher and they had a bear problem down on a lower area they owned. I told my buddy, lets go see if we can find that bear. We also both had mule deer tags. 4 of us go down.

Get down the next day , I set him up with a pretty decent point of view. About 2 hours go by and Kerwhammmm! We had radios incase anything happened. he gets on his tadio and in a high pitched voice like a small girl says he killed a huge black bear. he talks about it a few more times and then goes radio silent.

Now I cant find him, i'm looking for him and he's not on the radio. I look down the valley and see a black pile. I head that direction. As I get around the corner, there is my buddy, red faced and points...to a dead white face Hereford. and I mean a big one. Uh Oh.

the other 4 guys get down there and we are just speechless. Now's not the time to give a lecture about target identification. Now we were unaware of any cattle in that part of the ranch. generally the rancher made sure we knew. anyway, Hunts over. We all just lose interest. We ere supposed to have dinner with the rancher that night. I am kind of the elder guy out there and running the hunt, so I tell them Ill tell the rancher at Dinner. his friend in from NY. Guys name was Lenny, he was a bout 5'1 (tall and wide) and a real firecracker.

A few minutes into dinner, I tell the rancher we need to make him aware of a situation that occurred. I tell him my buddy got bear fever and shot (from 450 yards with a 338 Win MAg) what he thought was a bear. Upon inspection obviously it wasn't, and that we were prepared to write him a check for the entire thing. He looked at us for a minute and says cattle? I don't have cattle in there, they were supposed to be gone 2 weeks ago from my renter....Owner kinda starts to rub his face nervously …

….and then Lenny stands up.

"I hate that *******. he can go ****** himself, he's known for 3 weeks those cattle were to be out of there that *** *** of *****. **** him." We sit there stunned. 45 seconds of silence, The rancher says to us " I appreciate the way you handled it, this conversation never happened, you owe nobody anything, the bears will have that cleaned up in no time, I agree with Lenny. that's guys a *****. by the way how far was the shot?"...my buddy says 450 yards, through the boiler room. dropped like a bag of sand, 1 shot. Rancher says..."I always liked the 338 Winchester..tough medicne. " wine anyone"?

Now everytime we go by a field with a heard of cattle we all say to the guy " hey look, a heard of bears!

Last edited by kswalleyer; 11-03-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 06:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo-NC View Post
That's funny right there now, I don't care who you are. Kids will be kids.

Years ago, we were boating on Falls Lake near Raleigh, NC. A severe thunderstorm ran us off the lake one Saturday afternoon. The ramp was crazy and I couldn't find a spot to tie up. I pulled up and tied my boat to the shore nearby. My 7 year old son and his friend were with me. They both were wearing their PFDs, so I asked them to watch the boat while I walked up the ramp, got my truck, waited in line, and finally backed it in to trailer my boat. When I got back to the boat, it was being beat to sh*t against some rocks from other boats wakes. The boys were playing around in the water. I said to my son, "I thought I asked you to watch my boat?" He responded, "I did, it's right there!"

About $400 later, my fiberglass boat was repaired from the rock damage. I couldn't even get mad at him because he was right on.
that's funny, he was wasn't lying!

My son is now a Junior in college so we don't go nearly as much . maybe 7-10 days a year. We went probably 40-50 days a year from the time he was 5-18. My dad and I did the same. I can absolutely see the impact it made on him(and me) being raised outdoors in so many ways. I was lucky he took to it. not all kids do these days no matter how hard they try. when my generation quits in 15 -20 years(Im 53), its going to be a steep drop in the amount of people who do this. Hopefully once he's out of college we will be able to resume it a little bit more..
Old 11-04-2019, 06:46 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
I took a group of guys elk hunting about 15 years ago. None had been out west before so things can look different there. 500 yards can look like 200 yards. One of the more accident prone guys buys a bear tag....About 5 days in, I talked to the rancher and they had a bear problem down on a lower area they owned. I told my buddy, lets go see if we can find that bear. We also both had mule deer tags. 4 of us go down.

Get down the next day , I set him up with a pretty decent point of view. About 2 hours go by and Kerwhammmm! We had radios incase anything happened. he gets on his tadio and in a high pitched voice like a small girl says he killed a huge black bear. he talks about it a few more times and then goes radio silent.

Now I cant find him, i'm looking for him and he's not on the radio. I look down the valley and see a black pile. I head that direction. As I get around the corner, there is my buddy, red faced and points...to a dead white face Hereford. and I mean a big one. Uh Oh.

the other 4 guys get down there and we are just speechless. Now's not the time to give a lecture about target identification. Now we were unaware of any cattle in that part of the ranch. generally the rancher made sure we knew. anyway, Hunts over. We all just lose interest. We ere supposed to have dinner with the rancher that night. I am kind of the elder guy out there and running the hunt, so I tell them Ill tell the rancher at Dinner. his friend in from NY. Guys name was Lenny, he was a bout 5'1 (tall and wide) and a real firecracker.

A few minutes into dinner, I tell the rancher we need to make him aware of a situation that occurred. I tell him my buddy got bear fever and shot (from 450 yards with a 338 Win MAg) what he thought was a bear. Upon inspection obviously it wasn't, and that we were prepared to write him a check for the entire thing. He looked at us for a minute and says cattle? I don't have cattle in there, they were supposed to be gone 2 weeks ago from my renter....Owner kinda starts to rub his face nervously

.and then Lenny stands up.

"I hate that *******. he can go ****** himself, he's known for 3 weeks those cattle were to be out of there that *** *** of *****. **** him." We sit there stunned. 45 seconds of silence, The rancher says to us " I appreciate the way you handled it, this conversation never happened, you owe nobody anything, the bears will have that cleaned up in no time, I agree with Lenny. that's guys a *****. by the way how far was the shot?"...my buddy says 450 yards, through the boiler room. dropped like a bag of sand, 1 shot. Rancher says..."I always liked the 338 Winchester..tough medicne. " wine anyone"?

Now everytime we go by a field with a heard of cattle we all say to the guy " hey look, a heard of bears!
Loved it............

My 12 year old son went all by himself for 2 Saturdays to get his hunter training certificate.....when I picked him up his first question on the way home was "Dad, are there any wild cows".........LOL......no son.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
G O
B I L L S