Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Resort Options - Fly In - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-24-2020, 11:49 AM
Keeper

Default Resort Options - Fly In

If Canada keeps the border closed for the balance of this year and if the current resort I am scheduled with will not allow roll over of my deposit till next year I will need resort options for 2021 and beyond.

Looking for fly in options if some one would have any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2020, 04:54 PM
Keeper

Anyone booked through Showalter's fly-in this year and if yes then how are they treating you this year concerning deposits and missed reservations due to the closure?
Old 06-24-2020, 05:14 PM
Keeper

Lesson learned is I would roll the dice and F the deposit. Get a list of outfitters and call 1-2 weeks before you leave as they might have openings. What some are doing on keeping/spending deposits sucks.

I know a lot are carrying them over so 2021 will be packed but I am sure there are open weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2020, 05:47 AM
Wallhanger

Check out Slate Falls Outposts in Sioux Lookout. Do a search on them here on WC. Nothing but good.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:31 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Net_Man View Post
Anyone booked through Showalter's fly-in this year and if yes then how are they treating you this year concerning deposits and missed reservations due to the closure?
I should be at Cherrington NOW. ... Deposit rolled over to 2021
Old 06-25-2020, 08:55 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
If Canada keeps the border closed for the balance of this year and if the current resort I am scheduled with will not allow roll over of my deposit till next year I will need resort options for 2021 and beyond.

Clark's, perhaps? Same thing happening with us. Not looking for a refund, at all ... just a slide to 2021 of our deposit.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:06 AM
Keeper

I am not looking for a refund either. Have our trip rescheduled for later this year due to the closure. If the border does not open to salvage a trip this year I have asked to roll the deposit in to a trip next year. They stated if the border does not re-open this year then no refund and they would not roll it over to a trip next year.

I am not looking to bash a resort over this border closure but is there only 1 resort that is not offering roll over of deposit to next year if the border does not open this summer or fall?

With the attitude of this resort I am now looking a for another Fly-In service for future trips. I have used Showalter's in the past but I wanted to confirm that they were not pulling this BS with their current customers.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:15 AM
Minnow

Default Pac

Quote:

Check out Pickerel Arm Camps, have been using them for 25 years. Lots of different lake options and not so strict on weight allowances.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:37 PM
Keeper

Can any one chime in on Pickeral Arms Camp and/or Slate Falls Outpost on specifically how they are handling deposits for scheduled trips this year that will not happen due to border closure?

Are they rolling your deposit over to a trip for next year?

Your input would be appreciated.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Can any one chime in on Pickeral Arms Camp and/or Slate Falls Outpost on specifically how they are handling deposits for scheduled trips this year that will not happen due to border closure?

Are they rolling your deposit over to a trip for next year?

Your input would be appreciated.
Slate Falls rolled ours to next year. Great guys to work with. Verne and Ryan will take care of you.