Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing rods - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2020, 01:35 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdie22 View Post
What do you use for Disey rods? I could use a tip on getting a couple of them.

I use The Okuma Classic Pro CPM-10M-CT. It's a 2 piece 10ft mooching rod. Works real well
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Simrad nss evo2 12
BG Zeus2 12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3d
2 72" Traxtech tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
6 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Keeper

When's the garage sale?
Old 10-09-2020, 03:26 PM
Wallhanger

Same thing here. I have bought 3 sewing machines myself for her is how I know what stuff cost! I have been setting outside of a quilt shop in some far off place when she comes out with a bag of stuff and I say now go back and get more of the same because we aren't coming back this way. She usually goes back. Later, Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmd View Post
Same thing at my house. Sewing machines and quilting is really expensive, where fishing and boats are relatively inexpensive, don't you think?
wmd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2020, 05:08 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdie22 View Post
What do you use for Disey rods? I could use a tip on getting a couple of them.
I actually use my 8 1/2í Gander Mtn Guide Series Planner Board Rods for boards and dipsey diver rods. Diawa Sealine 27LC mono on the board rods and Diawa 27LC braid for the dipseys.
Iím sure those rods are now unavailable but they work perfectly.
Live and die on this day......
Old 10-09-2020, 05:36 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmd View Post
Same thing at my house. Sewing machines and quilting is really expensive, where fishing and boats are relatively inexpensive, don't you think?
wmd
FYI....I had an insurance claim at a home this year that had a fire.....the lady of the house claimed she had 2 machines that were 18 & 20K, and a king size quilting machine from switzerland that was worth over 90K. I did a bit of investigating and she was low.

I think you are correct.
Old 10-10-2020, 05:33 AM
Wallhanger

before my fishing pole barn was broken into and most of my stuff was stolen I had at least 6 for each species and some had more. I had 10 trolling rods for salmon, I had a dozen heavy rods for snagging salmon when it was legal to snag and catfish plus saltwater. I had 16 walleye trolling rods, 6 casting rods for walleye, bass, and anything that bit. 1 had 12 eagle claw featherlight rods for crappie then 4 long rods for trolling crappie. I had about 10 saltwater trolling rods. then I had the odd and end rod that was going to be my last. I was a sucker for the next generation rods at boat shows. but I never even thought about having too many rods until the wife named my pole barn the fishing pole barn. at that time I was close to 100 rods in the barn.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:46 PM
Keeper

Oh, sure, way to make a fella feel inadequate about his size numbers!

Not counting the odd baker's dozen ice fishing setups & tip-ups, Anonymouse is just bordering on a measly 30-ish rigs.
The upside is that mostly the last half purchased were garage sale "like new - too good to pass up" types that cost less than the rod or the reel alone would have cost at Farm & Barn.

It's seriously hard to pass on a nice 4 bearing Shimano (retail $59.00+) AND a nice Berkley Lightning Rod (retail $35.00+) for a couple of sawbucks from somebody like the O.P. who realized maybe their own addiction had gotten out of hand a bit - i.e. the $4 paid for a South Bend Triaxx (still in the plastic, with spare spool - retail $19.99) a few months ago.

By way of justification, Annoymouse purchased his first Pflueger rod & reel (which is still in use, incidentally) waaaaaaaaaay back in the very early 1980s, so 30-ish (+ ice fishing gear) only averages about 1 rod & 1 reel per year.
Anonymouse spends more than that on beef jerky & cheeses every couple of months.
Anybody who multi-species fishes can rest assured that owning anything less than 50-60 set-ups is well within reason and a solid investment for their senior years, when budget constraints might play a larger role in the affordability of new gear.

Last edited by Anonymouse; 10-16-2020 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:18 PM
Keeper

Default rods

Rods and reels ? Just bought 2 Avid Salmon /Steelhead 106 MLF and MF and ordered a Shimano Curado 151 dc 7.4 TO 1 . They will have to pry my cold dead fingers from them LOL Lately i have turned into a rod and reel snob buying upperend stuff . Not to point of paying 500.00 or more for reels , i keep it under 250.00 But i love my Shimano,s . Rods are St Croix Elites and Avids don, t want to think about that cost .
Old 10-17-2020, 03:01 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Aluma View Post
Rods and reels ? Just bought 2 Avid Salmon /Steelhead 106 MLF and MF and ordered a Shimano Curado 151 dc 7.4 TO 1 . They will have to pry my cold dead fingers from them LOL Lately i have turned into a rod and reel snob buying upperend stuff . Not to point of paying 500.00 or more for reels , i keep it under 250.00 But i love my Shimano,s . Rods are St Croix Elites and Avids don, t want to think about that cost .
Your not a snob when you can use and appreciate well made things.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:31 PM
Charter Member

Last Chance,
The good news about the break in, is that you won't have to worry about your descendent's having to rid the property of the fishing gear.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, as one looks at the situation - when one passes over - what is left, is for many folks - just a bunch of Junk, no matter how much you or I might treasure those items.

Every now and then, it is just a good thing to close one eyes, and start pitching stuff so that they end up out of your possession.

Best wishes and may you enjoy a leaner way to do some things.