Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Official docs to cross the US border - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:16 PM
ahennessey

I crossed the border U.S. to Canada and Canada back to the U.S. with just my drivers license two weeks ago...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Slot Fish

Yes you can but by law but if they want more they can send you back under the clause, LACK OF DOCS, they can. The goverments have ask everyone to get Passports and/or travel documents but have not gave the officers any teeth to enforce the rules with fines ect. If you are driving 6 to 10 hours to go fishing in Canada I would not take the chance and get turned around after the money spent on the gas and a down payment for the lodge.
I thank God every day for our freedom and for our Armed Forces, Pray for their safety each day and thank them for their selfless time and sacrifice to our country. Without them where would our nation be? THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO. In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. ~Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman Ted View Post
I took my 7 year old daughter on her first Canadian trip last year and got her a passport to make things easier. That being said I also brought along a notarized letter signed by her mother (my wife), allowing me to travel with my daughter into Canada.

This document was the first thing the Canadian customs officer asked for at the border.
I am bringing my sons into Canada tomorrow-boys only so no mom. Is it a requirement to have a notarized letter from the mom?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Wallhanger

Default Question on the definition of a youth group

We are going on our annual family fishing trip. Everyone has a passport expect for my sons girlfriend, who might be going along. She is 17.

In reading the sticky it states that youth groups under the age of 19 as long as they are part of the religious, school or youth group can use a birth certificate to get back in.

Any experience with this from anyone?

Thanks

Alumacraft 175 Sport Limited package
Mercury 115 4 Stroke
Lowrance Elite 7
Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV
Minn Kota Terrova iPilot
Eagle Bunk Trailer
Old 01-21-2014, 05:45 AM
Charter Member

Have read all the reports and the problems that some have while trying to cross the border with DUI's on their record as well as some long searches of people who have no records to speak of. My question and have not seen any posts on is when hunters head up to Canada and have their weapons to declare. I know you have to fill out a form and pay a fee to be allowed to bring your weapon in but have some hunters out ever had a problem bringing a weapon or been subject to longer searches? Going up in October 2014 to hunt moose.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:07 AM
Slot Fish

Default Enhanced Drivers License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre (wallyandre) View Post
The other day I crossed the border from north to south and I stopped by the US Customs office to ask some questions, and on the desk there was a pamphlet showing the approve documents to enter in the US.

I thought that could be a good info so I scanned it:
Great Post! I just applied for my Passport Card and did not know about the drivers license or I would've explored that route since its cheaper. Too late now, but still great info to know for others.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma17 View Post
I am bringing my sons into Canada tomorrow-boys only so no mom. Is it a requirement to have a notarized letter from the mom?
It can only help, so not a bad idea. If Mom were dead would one then need a death certificate? Or let's say you're single and have an adopted child. Then what?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Keeper

Default Going into canada

Hi. I did not know it but now to cross into Canada at international falls you need to show your U.S. Passport! We had it with but it was not handy. When did this new hoop start to get in the last time all we needed was the drivers license!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:40 AM
Minnow

It's been that way for at least 6 years. Not a big deal.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:05 PM
Keeper

We're going to Canada via land travel at the end of June. My wife and I have a passport, but our kids don't - they are 12 and 14. Apparently the post office says that now all people, even including children under 15 need a passport to travel into Canada. That is the first I have heard of this.

The last time I took my son into Canada a few years ago, I needed a passport but he just needed a birth certificate.

I'm going to call the border agent to verify, but in the meantime has anyone heard anything on this?

Thanks
Closed Thread