Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
More and More Gyms EVERYWHERE - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-16-2020, 01:39 PM
MK cant log in

Eat whatever you want...IN MODERATION and you'll be fine.

There is some very good science that explains FAT and the tendency of the body to try to stay at one particular size. If your body senses that its not getting the calories that its used to getting or needs, your metabolism will slow down to try to keep from losing weight.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/...uth-about-fat/

Very informative show.

But there's no doubt that most people today are far too sedentary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2020, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfishpa View Post
Another factor is the occupations of most people today; if you work at a desk job like so many do today it makes it easier to pack on weight. When our economy was based on manufacturing for most people that was the exercise , no need for gyms.
Very true!! When I switched from working onsite, which involved a lot of walking and heavy lifting, to a remote work at home position, I had to severely cut my calorie intake. I initially started to lose weight from not eating fast food and drinking Coke for breakfast and lunch every day, then suddenly started to plump up as I think my metabolism started to slow from 8-10 hours at a desk every day.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:16 PM
Wallhanger

Avoid sugar, diet food & drink. Most canned foods and bread. Snack food like chips & crackers But most of all avoid alcohol Get 10,000 steps per day You will lose weight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2020, 04:41 PM
Wallhanger

I read somewhere to only eat foods with one ingredient, i.e. meat, potatoes, beans, corn. In other words no processed food.

Mark
Old 07-17-2020, 06:16 AM
Wallhanger

Eating unhealthy is also way cheaper. I can pop a frozen pizza in the oven, if on sale, feeds us all for about $4.

buy some good quality grass fed/finished meat, and veggies from the farmers market and your cost is quadruple for each meal.