Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Nostalgic shotgun purchase - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-02-2021, 10:00 AM
welll

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
Nice to hear you retrieved a shotgun that has meant so much to you. When I look around I see a lot of junk firearms being produced today for ridiculous amount of money. The FINER firearms are now out of my price range for the value I will get out of them now.

Back in the day (1974) I purchase a brand new Browning Sweet Sixteen with a 26" barrel for $314 and at the same time a buck barrel for another $114. Later I added a 28" full choke barrel for waterfowl hunting. Sold the buck barrel to purchase a Ithaca Deer Slayer that was junk compared to shooting my Browning. Sold that gun to help purchase a engagement ring and have been happy ever after.

I have many other FINE firearms purchased back in the 70's and not so fine firearms that are swamp shotguns and whatever.

I have never regretted spending what I thought at the time a lot of money for a FINE firearm but have regretted a few not so fine purchases.

I am thinking about a 9mm lately but really don't know much about them. Anyone have a recommendations on a FINE 9mm hand gun.

For target type shooting : Sig Sauer p210...unreal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2021, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Nice to hear you retrieved a shotgun that has meant so much to you. When I look around I see a lot of junk firearms being produced today for ridiculous amount of money. The FINER firearms are now out of my price range for the value I will get out of them now.

Back in the day (1974) I purchase a brand new Browning Sweet Sixteen with a 26" barrel for $314 and at the same time a buck barrel for another $114. Later I added a 28" full choke barrel for waterfowl hunting. Sold the buck barrel to purchase a Ithaca Deer Slayer that was junk compared to shooting my Browning. Sold that gun to help purchase a engagement ring and have been happy ever after.

I have many other FINE firearms purchased back in the 70's and not so fine firearms that are swamp shotguns and whatever.

I have never regretted spending what I thought at the time a lot of money for a FINE firearm but have regretted a few not so fine purchases.

I am thinking about a 9mm lately but really don't know much about them. Anyone have a recommendations on a FINE 9mm hand gun.
Czech out the CZ line, many fine firearms at reasonable prices.

Bill
Old 12-03-2021, 05:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:

my opinion is to skip the 9 and go to a Glock 40. you'll be happy you did.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:59 AM
Slot Fish

If the gun was given to you by your father why on earth would you ever get rid of it? I have great memories with and old 870 Wingmaster 20g. When I was 18 I wanted a 12 as well but I scraped and save and bought the 12g. That classic 20g is still safe and sound in the gun safe and gets used many times a season. Than again I have never sold a gun. Once they are mine they will be until they are handed down IN THE FAMILY.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:44 PM
foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by last chance View Post
my opinion is to skip the 9 and go to a Glock 40. you'll be happy you did.
But I'm also concerned with ammo availability. I think the 9mm ammo is more readily available or am I mistaken.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:20 PM
Wallhanger

i know this is about buying guns but how do you sell guns?? I inherited 2 fancy shotguns a couple months ago and i want them gone, where do you begin?
Old 12-03-2021, 06:06 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfin123 View Post
i know this is about buying guns but how do you sell guns?? I inherited 2 fancy shotguns a couple months ago and i want them gone, where do you begin?
Whatcha got? I always consider buying.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:23 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBin303 View Post
Whatcha got? I always consider buying.
sending pm
Old 12-07-2021, 10:22 AM
Wallhanger

I have a Browning A5 Belgium made which has shot many ducks. Also have a Browning Citori which has broken many a clay. Would have to be pried from my cold wet hands as the t shirt says
Old 12-07-2021, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

I've never owned a Browning A5 until now. . I had the opportunity to purchase a beautiful 1967 A5 20 guage magnum with a skeet bbl. I couldn't imagine there were very many with that combination. I purchased it from a relative of a guy that has had it stored in his safe since 68. The owner got drafted to Vietnam and when he came home, he did not want it anymore. The relative stored it for all these years in anticipation that the owner may eventually want it back. He said it has had less than half a box of shells thru it and it looks like that. It's perfect. I'm torn between shooting it, or just leaving it in the safe to be admired.. its a beautiful piece.

On another gun. I had a classmate that committed suicide several years back. His father was a WW2 veteran and had bought a Model 12 and had it custom inlaid with gold and tricked out with a solid rib, and some military carvings in the wood. As kids growing up together, we sneaked a few looks over the years. When his father passed away, the gun was handed down to my classmate. At my classmates funeral, I wanted to ask his mom about the model 12, but couldn't make myself ask. A year or so later, I seen her again and grew enough balls to ask about the model 12. She said she traded it in on a used car purchase and thought she got about $500 for it. I wanted to throw up.