Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
FYI zero tolerance - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Minnow

Default absolute nonsense

I feel sorry for US citizens coming to Ontario and being charged for having a beer with your lunch --this is absolute nonsense -- for goodness sakes OPP stay on the roads and do something more useful than charging a tourist for 1 beer --a concerned Ontario citizen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidge61 View Post
Guess I'm not normal Nicko cause I like to enjoy a cold one with my shore lunch while on vacation. Guess I have a problem and need to seek help because I want to enjoy myself while on a vacation. Some people are too quick to judge!!

Sometimes it is very hard to define the word normal. My normal is 2 or 3 cold ones at shorelunch. Sometimes Labatts, other times Kokanee, really depends if we have fried fish or baked fish. You see for our group of 10 this is quite normal and has been for 30+ years. But I see for many on this board this would not be so normal or accepted and I have no problem with that.

PS. We have even been known to drink a few Whiskeys and smoke cubans when we get back to the cabin. Lord I appologize.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bay gord View Post
I believe that a watercraft that has accomodations on board would qualify for allowing alchohol. Ontario's liquor laws were probably thought up back in the dark ages. You can't just wander around town drinking a beer...you must be doing it in a residence (which could be temporary, such as a camp site). This is where they get you regarding drinking a beer at shore lunch.....drinking in public, so to speak, is not legit. Interpretation seems to be another factor. I believe an unopened container (bottle, case of beer) can be legally transported in a motor vehicle. Believable in a car, but in a boat? Where are you taking it? Can't drink it on shore, not in the boat either.......therefor the interpretation is I will give you a fine. I suppose you could challenge the interpretation in court. Who has the time to do that while on a fishing trip. I suppose the strict interpretation is a result of abuses that have ended up killing people. Right , wrong? Seems to be the way it is. A conservation officer may let it slide, a police officer may not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidge61 View Post
Guess I'm not normal Nicko cause I like to enjoy a cold one with my shore lunch while on vacation. Guess I have a problem and need to seek help because I want to enjoy myself while on a vacation. Some people are too quick to judge!!
Problem is you may have one and another guy has 6 and another has 12. The few always ruin it for the many. Not saying "you" have a problem. It never stops at one for a lot of folks. I don't need to have one. Sure it would be great, but I don't need one. So Im ok with the zero policy. If it gets the goofs off the water, I'm all for It. Like I said, I come to fish. I can have a beer at home.

Have some friends killed by one of those people and you'd understand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrusin View Post
Sometimes it is very hard to define the word normal. My normal is 2 or 3 cold ones at shorelunch. Sometimes Labatts, other times Kokanee, really depends if we have fried fish or baked fish. You see for our group of 10 this is quite normal and has been for 30+ years. But I see for many on this board this would not be so normal or accepted and I have no problem with that.

PS. We have even been known to drink a few Whiskeys and smoke cubans when we get back to the cabin. Lord I appologize.
Havin some at camp is great. I will have a cigar and a scotch too. I'm just sitting in a chair admiring the view at that point. I'm not driving a boat or a car and potentialy hurting myself and others.

There is a difference.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Keeper

Who knew? The beer in the boat topic is a hot button!?!?!

Let see, Next to start a thread about politics and then one about religeon. The way I see it; if you do bring a beer; no one will convince you otherwise. And if you think it's just riduculous to even think about bringing a beer; I can't convince you.

Let's face it if the guy posting disagrees with you all you are gonna here is

Old 06-29-2012, 06:47 AM
canada Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terwalleye View Post
Who knew? The beer in the boat topic is a hot button!?!?!

Let see, Next to start a thread about politics and then one about religeon. The way I see it; if you do bring a beer; no one will convince you otherwise. And if you think it's just riduculous to even think about bringing a beer; I can't convince you.

Let's face it if the guy posting disagrees with you all you are gonna here is

Don't forget crossing the border with a DUI, that needs to be discussed again too.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Minnow

along with how to filet a 30" walleye...
Old 06-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Minnow

Are our boating fatalities that much higher per capata in the states where alcohol consumption is allowed in the boat?? It is normal to have a designated driver in our crew when fishing/boating Minnesota waters while the rest of the crew is being festive. No different than returning from a bar in Canada or the US via car??
Old 06-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Wallhanger

Default common sense

Its all about common sense. Yep the Ontario OPP are creating a
new revenue stream in the name of law enforcement. Same type of thing
happens with other laws in the states. I think its unfortunate responsible adults cannot enjoy A cold one at lunch without risking penalties. .02C